Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Driving Lights??

Old 09-03-2007, 07:27 PM   #1
CutnShootTaco is on a distinguished road
CutnShootTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Driving Lights??

Is there a way to turn off the headlights when they are in the driving light mode?? I hate having them on when I am just parked for awhile..

Thanks
Old 09-03-2007, 08:33 PM   #2
coreyredken is on a distinguished road

coreyredken's Tacoma Gallery
You might need to explain this a little better...
Old 09-03-2007, 09:17 PM   #3
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyredken View Post
You might need to explain this a little better...

+1
Old 09-04-2007, 04:52 AM   #4
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by CutnShootTaco View Post
Is there a way to turn off the headlights when they are in the driving light mode?? I hate having them on when I am just parked for awhile..

Thanks
Welcome to TW!

Sounds like you have a 1st generation (up to 2004) Tacoma with Daytime Running Lights (DRLs). This means that your headlights will come on whtn the engine is running and the vehicle is not parked (Parking brake on or in "Park" on the automatic trannys). There is a wire that you can snip and disable the DRLs without causing damage to your vehicle or getting a MIL (malfunction indicator light).

Unfortunately I have a 2nd generation (2005 and up), and I do no know the wire. There are other members on here with 1st gens that might be able to help you, or you could do a search for "Disable DRL".

Good luck!
Old 09-04-2007, 07:21 AM   #5
CutnShootTaco is on a distinguished road
CutnShootTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
Welcome to TW!

Sounds like you have a 1st generation (up to 2004) Tacoma with Daytime Running Lights (DRLs). This means that your headlights will come on whtn the engine is running and the vehicle is not parked (Parking brake on or in "Park" on the automatic trannys). There is a wire that you can snip and disable the DRLs without causing damage to your vehicle or getting a MIL (malfunction indicator light).

Unfortunately I have a 2nd generation (2005 and up), and I do no know the wire. There are other members on here with 1st gens that might be able to help you, or you could do a search for "Disable DRL".

Good luck!
Exactly right, only my stupid lights stay on even with the truck in park and the emergency brake applied!!!!!!! Is this wrong to begin with??
Old 09-04-2007, 07:57 AM   #6
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by CutnShootTaco View Post
Exactly right, only my stupid lights stay on even with the truck in park and the emergency brake applied!!!!!!! Is this wrong to begin with??
That is how they should work. Once the DRL lights come on, they should not turn off until the key is turned off. They should not come on when you first start the vehicle, but rather once it is no longer in "Park" or when the parking brake is released.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:19 AM   #7
smile_geoff is on a distinguished road
smile_geoff's Tacoma Gallery
disabling DRL

Hello

I needed to disable DRL on my 1998 when I installed Xenon headlight conversion.

I found that there is dropping resister beside front drivers side battery. Just unplug it and DRL is now turned off.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:38 PM   #8
stucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nice

Name: Barry
stucksucksnayota's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to stucksucksnayota
Smile geoff would you mind to post a picture of that plug because i looked and could not find anything like it

but mine is a 2001 so theres probably so change but maybe not