LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Where To Go From Here: A million ideas but not a million dollars

View Poll Results: What is your opinion on my desired setup?
Do it all, but over time 2 18.18%
Do it all, save and wait until you can do it all in one swoop 2 18.18%
Some of this stuff isn't doable/some of it is too difficult to DIY 0 0%
You shouldn't want to do any of this/it is needless 7 63.64%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-19-2013, 08:05 PM   #1
DFD1994 is on a distinguished road
DFD1994's Tacoma Gallery
Where To Go From Here: A million ideas but not a million dollars

Alright here goes my breakdown:
I have been a member for awhile now and I decided it was about time to make this post I have had written up for awhile since I just graduated from high school and this summer will be the best chance for me to get some (I wish it was all) of what I have dreamed up for my little truck. If you know of a place where I can find products or instructions that could assist me in accomplishing this I would greatly appreciate it as I have dug around for a month without any definite answers.

What I have dreamed up:
1. I want to remove my jump seats a build/purchase a cabinet setup that could turn the space behind the front seats into more useable storage space.

2. I already have an emergency light bar in my rear and front window and would like to install another set of strobes on a front brush guard. Has anyone found a best value for a simpler brush guard since I want it more as a mounting point (little pre-runners don't have too much off road fun) Also, what is the best cable path from my cab switch to the front bumper?

3. Also in addition to my other emergency lighting I need/want a light bar mounted on the exterior above the truck's sight line on a headache rack, what is the best cable path to get out the rear of the cab and what have y'all used to cover the exterior portion of the cable run.

4. Along with my light bar I have been considering a GoLight remote searchlight and wanted to know if anyone has used this brand and what the best combo is as far as their wired and wireless controls as well as mounting options that they offer.

5. As if this wasn't enough I have also wanted to do some more "regular" mods such as swapping out for after market LED head and tail lights along with LED dash and A/C panel lights to match my stereo's LED face plate and if it is not too much trouble add an LED dome light too.

This is everything I want to accomplish plus the actual installation of a headache rack so obviously there has to be an order to things, plus some things are much more doable given my current financial ties to college. Any help or links is greatly appreciated.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:35 PM   #2
x2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
First of all, whats your budget and what's it going to cost you on paper....

Two... why so much lighting?

Three. Why a headache rack? Are you carrying heavy, shifting loads in the bed?

I wouldn't go Brush Guard... they're heavy, ugly and weak. I'd go for a low profile Trail Gear bumper with light hoop.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:12 AM   #3
gainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Radio Man
gainman's Tacoma Gallery
I smell a whacker -_-
Old 05-20-2013, 06:54 AM   #4
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
As for your wiring questions... There's a rubber grommet in your driver side footwell above the pedals. I think there's one on the passenger side too, but I know for sure it's on the driver side. You might have to slice it a little bit with a knife the first time you use it (or maybe not, I did but I was running 0 gauge amp power wire) and it's pretty easy to feed wire through it using a coat hanger or something similar. In the back there's another grommet in the floor of the cab in the driver side storage compartment thing under the jump seat on that side.

Are you an EMT or firefighter or something? Why so much lights?
Old 05-20-2013, 07:17 AM   #5
Blindsider is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Name: Craig
Blindsider's Tacoma Gallery
Are you building a zombie apocalypse Tacoma alla I Am Legend?
Old 05-20-2013, 07:49 AM   #6
Dorthy left Kansas for a reason
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
somethinboutayota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by x2468 View Post
First of all, whats your budget and what's it going to cost you on paper....

Two... why so much lighting?

Three. Why a headache rack? Are you carrying heavy, shifting loads in the bed?

I wouldn't go Brush Guard... they're heavy, ugly and weak. I'd go for a low profile Trail Gear bumper with light hoop.
^^^ agree
Old 05-20-2013, 01:29 PM   #7
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
My question is, "What do you plan to do with your truck?" Your mods should match your intended use for your rig.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:24 PM   #8
DFD1994's Tacoma Gallery
I appreciate the replies, except the accusation of a whacker... not sure on that. As to my intent, I wanted to do the LED swaps inside the truck (panel and dome lights) just because I prefer the look, the amber strobes are because I am a fire photographer and my truck often gets lost on scene, the setup I have now plus what I have preposed would actually make me visible. As for the headache rack I tend to do hauling of tools and mowers and such that have scratched the top lip of my cab in the past, fixed it once and I don't want to touch it up a second time. Storage in the truck is my first priority right now since I want to get that all sorted out and build the unit if need be over this summer.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:30 AM   #9
no time for d-bags
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFD1994 View Post
the amber strobes are because I am a fire photographer and my truck often gets lost on scene,
Old 05-21-2013, 08:02 PM   #10
DFD1994's Tacoma Gallery
honestly not too far from the truth Box Rocket