Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

95.5-97 grille guards

Old 05-23-2013, 08:31 AM   #1
Tiotaboy is on a distinguished road

Name: Robbie
Tiotaboy's Tacoma Gallery
95.5-97 grille guards

Can someone help me I'm lookin for a grille guard to put on my first gen but I can't find one that I like and the ones I do like don't fit my truck if you know any brands models etc let me know please
Old 05-23-2013, 05:46 PM   #2
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
Have you considered saving up for a full bumper? Brush guards tend to be weak and can do more damage to your truck if you are in a fender bender, not to mention wheeling
Old 05-24-2013, 12:50 AM   #3
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpskie View Post
Have you considered saving up for a full bumper? Brush guards tend to be weak and can do more damage to your truck if you are in a fender bender, not to mention wheeling
This

Don't even bother man. Just go for a bumper. Cost is just a tad more and WELL worth it. Brush guards will just fold over on top of your truck.

That said I think mine came with a Westin..

But compared to this...it's pathetic..

Which would you rather hit a deer with
Old 05-24-2013, 06:34 AM   #4
brs127s has a spectacular aura aboutbrs127s has a spectacular aura aboutbrs127s has a spectacular aura about
brs127s's Tacoma Gallery
Check out Go Industries. I can't remember if they called it their Knockdown or Modular Grill Guard. It is a lot heavier than the one made by Westin. My 04 had one on it when I first got it. The side plates were 1/4" steel. I can't remember what the cross pipes were, but they were pretty heavy also. I hit a deer with mine at 55 MPH. It was the only thing that prevented the whole front end from being caved in, and it didn't fold over.

I have one now that is built like the Westin, and no, it won't handle an impact like the old one I had did. I switched, because my new one is stainless steel whereas the Go was chromed and had rusted. Now that I have started off roading in my truck, I am dropping the brush guard and getting an off road bumper with a built in guard. It will give more clearance, allow the addition of a winch, and offer the protection that you are looking for in a guard.