Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Chasing a right pulling vehicle problem

Old 05-23-2013, 10:12 AM   #1
Ace of Spades
Alderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: OPSEC
Name: Nick
Alderleet's Tacoma Gallery
Chasing a right pulling vehicle problem

I've been trying to hunt down ways to fix my elusive pulling problem. I initially noticed i had pull when i bought it, but it wasnt bad, so i Ignored.

I added 3 inches of lift. Everything improved a bit, pulling remained and got a bit worse.

So far, i've spend shit loads of time trying to figure out this problem.

My fixes thus far:

New rack and pinion
Energy suspension bushings (R&P, and sway bar)
New inner and outer tie rods, both sides
New upper and lower ball joints
Road force then lug centric balance
Alignment (probably done about 10 times)
upped pressure, lowered pressure, ran door spec too..
New wheel bearings

I've tried everything i can think of to make the annoying problem go away.

New problem (noticed by alignment shop), I've seem to run out of caster.

How can i fix this once and for all.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:21 AM   #2
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
2 wheel alignment or 4?

Most places will only do the front since the rear is solid axle...they have to make sure they're compensating for rear thrust angle and then the front wheels can be within spec, but cross camber is off and it'll pull...just went through that myself.

When you get it aligned, was it always at the same place? What kind of printout did they give you?
Old 05-23-2013, 12:00 PM   #3
OldPhart
bldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bldegle2's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, check the rear axle housing, sometimes a big hit can 'alter' a few things, throwing it just slightly out of wack, front can be compensated if not that bad, otherwise you have to get the rear axle running true for it all to work again...
Old 05-23-2013, 10:10 PM   #4
Bmack04 is on a distinguished road

Bmack04's Tacoma Gallery
If you have 3 inches of lift, you will likely need aftermarket Upper Control Arms to get your caster in specs. This is common with 3" or more lift in tacomas. Did you try cross rotating your tires to see if it changed anything? Does the pull change at all when you are braking?
Old 05-24-2013, 12:18 AM   #6
Unprofessional Driver
CUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CUtacomaTIGER's Tacoma Gallery
Well at least you basically have a new front end with all those parts you've replaced
Old 05-24-2013, 07:41 AM   #7
brs127s has a spectacular aura aboutbrs127s has a spectacular aura aboutbrs127s has a spectacular aura about
brs127s's Tacoma Gallery
Check your rear brakes also. Back in my tire shop days, if it pulled to the right, it ususally meant the left rear brake was tighter than the right, and vice versa if it pulls to the left. I know that sounds crazy, but it is true.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:56 AM   #8
koco is on a distinguished road

koco's Tacoma Gallery
I know you said the alignment has been adjusted, but was the caster adjustment made? Sometimes the alignment tech will just do toe and camber and call it a day. It sounds ridiculous, but it happens a lot. If the caster is off, one wheel is touching the ground further back than the other one, and will cause a pull.

Sometimes it takes a hot shot alignment guy to do it properly.