Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Huge Project - wiring

Old 05-23-2013, 10:44 AM   #1
gfiz808 is on a distinguished road
Name: Gerald
gfiz808's Tacoma Gallery
Question Huge Project - wiring

So I'm thinking about taking on this huge project this summer.
I want to/need to re-wire my '99 Tacoma, the whole thing.

Does anyone know where I could get the resources to do this?
or know if anyone has already done this?

Let me know
Thanks
Old 05-23-2013, 10:49 AM   #2
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. C
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
You could buy a new wiring harness and replace the old one.

Why are you doing a full rewire? LOTS of issues can arise from doing this if you don't know exactly what you are doing.

I've done a full rewire to a CRX, took about 40-50 hours easy with no help.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:54 AM   #4
Poser Truck
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Fuck that shit. Just set it on fire and buy another one with the insurance money.

Disclaimer: That was a joke. Do not commit insurance fraud. What I'm sayin' is wiring sucks. Re-wiring sucks even more.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:54 AM   #5
Geem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant future

Name: Brandon
Geem750's Tacoma Gallery
id get one of those shop books for the tacoma and or google wiring schematics for that truck. i was trouble shooting some stuff for my ATV and google helped out big time.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:57 AM   #6
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. C
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
I've seen valid reasons to replace the harness.. Rat chewed through the lines is one example I've seen.

But typically its WAY more work than what it's worth and patching/fixing the old harness tends to be a bit more simple.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:44 AM   #7
gfiz808's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for all the suggestions!

i bought this truck from this guy. took it to a mechanic cuz my reverse lights weren't working and he told me all the wires are chopped up/reconnected in random spots. the truck still works perfectly i just figured to rewire the truck since ill have a lot of time on my hands this summer.

that said changing the wire harness might not be enough to get all of the random chopped wires.... or it might idk...

Thanks alot though!
if you guys got anymore suggestions let me know
Old 05-23-2013, 11:51 AM   #8
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Hit up Blackdawg... he just did this not too long ago.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:19 PM   #9
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dcpsychobilly's Tacoma Gallery
How random and chopped up are you talking
Old 05-23-2013, 10:34 PM   #10
gfiz808's Tacoma Gallery
all i know is that there are random chords connected in the middle instead of one solid wire from the harness to where it's supposed to connect to.... and i know that there are old wires lingering in the body from the first set before they, the last owner, chopped everything up. so its legitimately random, some i know about some i don't