Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

TRD wheel lug nut key?!!

Old 05-24-2013, 08:20 PM   #1
The Least Interesting Man In The World
trmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Lance Corporal, H&HS, Provost Marshal's Office, Military Police
Name: Tim
trmarshall1's Tacoma Gallery
TRD wheel lug nut key?!!

So, I spent four hours today dealing with a flat. I have TRD wheels, and for some reason, except for the one locking lug, all the other lugs are a special 8 spline pattern. After having my Taco towed to a tire shop and receiving less than stellar customer service, I had it towed to the Toyota dealership, thinking, "They must have the tool...", they didn't. But at least they patched the tire for free and got me on my way, which the tire shop refused to do. Has anyone else ran into this situation? If so, where can I find this key? I found this one, but am not sure if it's the key I need.

http://www.trdsparks.com/displaypart...&parts_id=1569

Sorry also about not having any pictures. I ended up being 3 hours late to work. Hope the rest of the Memorial Day weekend goes better.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:30 PM   #2
paranoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

paranoid56's Tacoma Gallery
the dealer should be able to order it, if they cant find a better dealer.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:23 PM   #4
The Least Interesting Man In The World
trmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Lance Corporal, H&HS, Provost Marshal's Office, Military Police
Name: Tim
trmarshall1's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, KenLyns! That's the same site I had linked. I'm sure that's it, just need to measure and see if mine is 12 or 14 mm. Then I'll order one up. I wen't to a custom tire shop and they didn't even have one. It's been one hell of a trying day. Appreciate the help.

Whoops, thought it was the same site, but I posted a different link.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:21 AM   #5
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
You have 12 mm. Current-gen Tundra/Sequoia/Land Cruiser use 14 mm.

And I'm not sure if the Toyota Visa card is cool or evil.