Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tacoma newb, what do you think of this?

Old 05-30-2013, 10:07 AM   #1
Taco Newb
SkyePN is on a distinguished road

SkyePN's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma newb, what do you think of this?

(Posting this in the correct forum this time...)

Hey everyone, buying my first truck soon and it's gotta be a Tacoma, I've liked them for a long time. So I was browsing Craigslist and dealers for 06-08's but came across this interesting 1st gen:

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...817547543.html

I wasn't planning on doing much offroad but if I had a capable truck there are no shortage of abandoned logging roads where I hang out. What I practically need is something to haul building supplies and the occasional 18' fibreglass trailer up and down the mountains. I have to admit I really like the smaller body and simpler design (easier & cheaper to fix) of the 1st gens and the km's are pretty low.

I was thinking of calling this guy tomorrow and taking the truck to my mechanic for a FULL inspection. Any particular weak points on the 2000? Anything weird about what he's done to the truck? I assume the fuel economy will be craptastic but hey, ladies love the forced induction amirite

Thanks, probably be hearing from me more in the future!

Skye
Old 05-30-2013, 10:18 AM   #2
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW From Ferntucky, NV
Looks good. Nice Taco.
The only thing I know of to look for on 1st Gens is frame rust.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:00 AM   #3
Taco Newb
SkyePN is on a distinguished road

SkyePN's Tacoma Gallery
Frame rust, for sure, I've heard about that one. Looks like this one has spent quite a bit of time going back and forth from Whistler so has probably seen it's fair share of winter roads.

How is the longevity of the TRD supercharger on the 3.4 V6?