1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toolbox solutions

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by takamineman, May 31, 2013.

1. May 31, 2013 at 11:31 AM
    takamineman

takamineman [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    greg
    auburn, ga
    Vehicle:
    1996 Sr5 4x4
    Hey fellas! I've got and 03 dc and i'm looking for a good tool storage solution. I've had crossover boxes and chest type boxes. The crossovers are a paing when you need to use the entire bed for hauling. The chest type boxes that are easier to move but are not secure...two men could grab it and throw it in their truck easily.

What do yall usually do to resolve these problems?
    Thanks, Greg

2. May 31, 2013 at 12:31 PM
    Afwrestler1986

Afwrestler1986 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Johnstown, NY
    Vehicle:
    01 trd 4X4 ex cab manual
    Gray wire, Some lights in the bed area, and some character marks throughout.
    short of removing the tool box when you need the bed space, there really isn't much else to do. the tool box is a double edged sword. great for keeping everything locked up and dry, but you lose two feet of bed space.

You could build an 8 or 9" deep platform on the floor of the bed that you can lock up, and still load your bed up. several guys have done that for their rigs. mostly expedition builds and camping. that is the only way I know if to get what you want.

EDIT: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/165860-bed-platform-build.html

Last edited: May 31, 2013

Products Discussed in

To Top