Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Toolbox solutions

Old 05-31-2013, 11:31 AM   #1
takamineman is on a distinguished road
Name: greg
takamineman's Tacoma Gallery
Toolbox solutions

Hey fellas! I've got and 03 dc and i'm looking for a good tool storage solution. I've had crossover boxes and chest type boxes. The crossovers are a paing when you need to use the entire bed for hauling. The chest type boxes that are easier to move but are not secure...two men could grab it and throw it in their truck easily.

What do yall usually do to resolve these problems?
Thanks, Greg
Old 05-31-2013, 12:31 PM   #2
Afwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: B-52 Crew Chief/ Ground Radio MX/ LC-
Name: Matt
Afwrestler1986's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by takamineman View Post
Hey fellas! I've got and 03 dc and i'm looking for a good tool storage solution. I've had crossover boxes and chest type boxes. The crossovers are a paing when you need to use the entire bed for hauling. The chest type boxes that are easier to move but are not secure...two men could grab it and throw it in their truck easily.

What do yall usually do to resolve these problems?
Thanks, Greg
short of removing the tool box when you need the bed space, there really isn't much else to do. the tool box is a double edged sword. great for keeping everything locked up and dry, but you lose two feet of bed space.

You could build an 8 or 9" deep platform on the floor of the bed that you can lock up, and still load your bed up. several guys have done that for their rigs. mostly expedition builds and camping. that is the only way I know if to get what you want.

EDIT: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...orm-build.html