Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Need Some Maintenance Tips

Old 05-31-2013, 04:25 PM   #1
Jams is on a distinguished road
Jams's Tacoma Gallery
Need Some Maintenance Tips

I have a 2001 Tacoma Double Cab V6. Bought in 2003 with 50k on it and I now have 161k.
I haven't done much as far as maintenance on this thing other than changing the oil religiously and some brake jobs. It still runs great, but I know I should have had the timing belt changed out many miles ago.
Just wondering what else should be done to keep it happy. I plan on getting all the belts changed out, but have read about changing the water pump while they're in there. I've also read to just make sure to keep the transmission fluid full and never do the flush.
Any help for this board newbie would be greatly appreciated!
Old 05-31-2013, 04:35 PM   #2
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ful-links.html Everything that needs maintained is is in here. Greasing driveline, coolant flush(when timing belt and water pump is done since you need to do that anyhow). Bleed brake system and replace with new fluid. Plugs and wires if they havnt been done, transmission drain and fills( needs to be done) a couple will do and then regulary. I would drain diffs and replace w/synthetic gear oil and transfer case if 4x4. Synthetics for all other than tranny. Toyota type 4 or what your dipstick says.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:05 AM   #4
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota fuel filter is suppose to be lifetime part but i dont buy it so i replaced w/Wix filter. I did mine because i was having issues running like shit. After replacement and no fix it finally threw a code and it was a fouled plug.