Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

OEM or aftermarket TRD badge/decal

Old 06-01-2013, 08:11 AM   #1
MrDunev is on a distinguished road
MrDunev's Tacoma Gallery
OEM or aftermarket TRD badge/decal

So I just bought my new (used) Tacoma, and although I think she is pretty darned perfect, there are a couple thing's I would like to change.

The first thing is a de-badging, then applying new TRD decals. I was looking around at prices and the OEM ones are $100-$120+ and the aftermarket ones range from $30-$60. Is it worth getting OEM ones, or are the aftermarket just as good quality? I'm not sure what would make a Vinyl Decal that expensive apart from being made by Toyota.

Or is the OEM much better quality and I can expect it to last 10+ years over the aftermarket?

Here are a couple pics of my TRD decals now, I know they aren't too bad, but I would still like to replace them.

Thanks
Old 06-01-2013, 08:19 AM   #2
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
$100-120 for the bed decal?

No thanks.

Mine were destroyed after 5 years or so. Finally just removed them and never put anything back on. I like the clean look.

If you want decals there is a member selling ones he makes in the marketplace.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:33 AM   #3
Ace of Spades
Alderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: OPSEC
Name: Nick
Alderleet's Tacoma Gallery
Sockmonkey makes the aftermarket decals
Old 06-01-2013, 10:00 AM   #4
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alderleet View Post
Sockmonkey makes the aftermarket decals
sockmonkey ceased business
Old 06-01-2013, 10:56 AM   #5
Ace of Spades
Alderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: OPSEC
Name: Nick
Alderleet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
sockmonkey ceased business
Shit
Old 06-01-2013, 12:15 PM   #7
MrDunev is on a distinguished road
MrDunev's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks everyone I contacted SteelCityAirman7 and when I decide exactly what I want, I will purchase them through him.

I appreciate everyones help.

Lucas