Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

ARB Compressor Mounting Schemes?

Old 06-04-2013, 09:39 AM   #21
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
I may put it in that spot for now until I can get the shelf built. Tired of having paid for a front locker and still running it open.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:30 PM   #23
Powder Coater/ Dirt Thrower
TRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRIAD Powderworks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TRIAD Powderworks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOly View Post
I remember watching some awesome inspirational expedition overland vids and these folks mounted one on their beastly 1st gen taco in this location:

Source: Expedition Overland

Maybe this could be a good mounting location on your rig?
Just wanted to let you know I have now spent the entire day at work watching these videos...

I will now sell my LT 2WD and buy a 4WD and armor the shit out of it..
Old 06-04-2013, 01:36 PM   #24
BigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant future

BigOly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIAD Powderworks View Post
Just wanted to let you know I have now spent the entire day at work watching these videos...

I will now sell my LT 2WD and buy a 4WD and armor the shit out of it..
lol, I'm on my lunch break right now and too scared to revisit that site. Productivity here will go way down if I do
Old 06-04-2013, 07:14 PM   #25
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Tonight I did another hour's worth of work. Took the metal I already bent and cut it down a little and drilled holes for the side bolts:

And so two mounting options available, 1.:

and 2.:

I like #2 better. Now, just have to figure out how to anchor it on the wheel well, make better measurements and fab up the end product.

I'm still looking at putting it on the firewall like BigOly posted but I'm perplexed as to how they did it. Going to see if there is a write-up for it.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:24 PM   #26

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom View Post

I'm still looking at putting it on the firewall like BigOly posted but I'm perplexed as to how they did it. Going to see if there is a write-up for it.
Hmmm, reading the paperwork on the compressor, I can rotate the manifold to re-orient the solenoid and pressure holes relative to each other. This solves one riddle.

I'm still attempting to figure out how the compressor shown sits so low. I wonder if they cut the pinch seam. When I hold mine in the same position, the mounting feet touch the hood seal.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:51 PM   #28

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
I think I found my solution. Was over at Silas' and checking out the latest trail wear from Moab. Peaked into his engine bay to check how he routed his locker air line. Noticed a module sitting in the big open space I have. Looks to be a cruise control unit. Anyways, it is sitting on this nice, heavy duty bracket. So, I'm off to the dealership tomorrow to order the bracket and I'll deform it into a nice shelf.

Should've snapped a picture while I was there. Maybe if he stops by later to check out the new skidplate.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:25 PM   #29

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Part No. 88291-04020, just ordered it. Hopefully it'll be here by the weekend and can get this going again.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:37 PM   #30

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Part No. 88291-04020 rolled in today. Going to take some work but should come out nicely. Continuing this in my build thread:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ml#post7029271
Old 06-15-2013, 08:08 PM   #31

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Test fit the cruise control bracket:

And the compressor:

Have to do some trimming on the bracket and possibly cutting and bending but going to work.