Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Aftermarket steering wheel for a 1998

Old 06-01-2013, 12:44 PM   #1
TheRealKraken is on a distinguished road
Name: Alex
TheRealKraken's Tacoma Gallery
Aftermarket steering wheel for a 1998

I have a '98 taco and I want to replace the steering wheel in it, since its not my favorite style and the grip on it is getting pretty low. I have a cover I want to put on it for now, but I want to replace it altogether eventually. I want to have an airbag and it to go along with the light blue/grey interior I have. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 06-01-2013, 01:52 PM   #2
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealKraken View Post
I have a '98 taco and I want to replace the steering wheel in it, since its not my favorite style and the grip on it is getting pretty low. I have a cover I want to put on it for now, but I want to replace it altogether eventually. I want to have an airbag and it to go along with the light blue/grey interior I have. Anyone have any suggestions?
Celica or Supra steering wheels from around the same era is your best bet.

But they are either very hard to find used or insanely expensive new.
Old 06-01-2013, 03:42 PM   #3
Banned
hayabusa3303 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhayabusa3303 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhayabusa3303 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhayabusa3303 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhayabusa3303 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhayabusa3303 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhayabusa3303 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhayabusa3303 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhayabusa3303 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhayabusa3303 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhayabusa3303 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
hayabusa3303's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealKraken View Post
Problem is your airbag... If the airbag is not from the same year(s) it was designed for you are walking into a mess.. NOT all airbags are the same.. Ones from supra will not work nor any others do to the fact that the airbag is DESIGNED for that interior only..

Example the NEW RECALL including my tundra 2003 is for the airbag. if you notice its only for XX years and NOT the new ones.. Airbag designs change all the time do to interior changes..

Also if you have cruise control you will LOSE that also unless you fab something up with the controller if not using a factory wheel..