1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bedliner clips

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by benhameen, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Jun 1, 2013 at 1:02 PM
    benhameen

benhameen [OP] Member

Member:
    Hi, I'm not too familiar with these forums, so if this thread is in the wrong place, feel free to move it. But I had a question about my bedliner. It is a "perma guard" bedliner that I got from the guy I sold my cap to. When we took the bedliner out, some of the clips were broken and others were misplaced. I have one clip in the liner right now and I was wondering if you could help me either find where I could buy more clips, or ways to jerry rig the rest of the clips. Heres what it looks like without the clip, the clips are like inch long hooks that go behind the lip of the bed it looks like.E2DB6437-CDA5-4DD4-A41E-212E9BA5139C-153_ef01536720247579406c3165705bf43ed4bdbd05.jpg

Thanks if you can help

2. Jun 1, 2013 at 1:58 PM
    sirsaechao

sirsaechao Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2002 Toyota Tacoma SR5 TRD 3.4L 4X4 V6
    A lift, some wheels, some tires, some performance, some cosmetic and then audio.
    Is that used for when you have a camper? Some where to clamp to since the liner is plastic. They cut the holes and use the j bolt to secure the camper to the bed metal?

3. Jun 1, 2013 at 2:28 PM
    benhameen

benhameen [OP] Member

Member:

Its not the circular hole where the metal hook is. The clips go into the smaller rectangular holes near the top.

4. Apr 22, 2020 at 12:22 PM
    scottmg

scottmg New Member

Member:
    I was having the same problem on an 03 tacoma. I managed to successfully pull out a few of the plastic tabs without breaking them. This is what they look like. the hook goes up under the rail, holding the liner in place.

You can remove them (in some cases) by lifting up the tab at the bottom (which is why it's bent in the picture).

Then put a flat head screwdriver under the square plastic piece and push upward. if you can get the lower edge of the piece you are pushing up on to clear the hole in the liner, you can remove the clip by pulling up and out.

Hope this helps!

5. Apr 22, 2020 at 4:27 PM
    jbrandt

jbrandt Made you look

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    El Dorado, CA (NOT El Dorado Hills)
    Vehicle:
    '04 TRD Tacoma 4x4 DC
    Kings, J59's Total Chaos UCAs Custom skids Sticker mod
    The ones on my old liner were basically a large plastic triangle, and the hole for the screw was off center, so when you'd tighten the screw, the corner of the triangle would flip up against the underside of the bed rail.

There were 4 of them, 1 for each corner. and the hole in the bedliner was just below the lip in the bedrail.

Pretty similar to these:

https://www.ebay.com/i/402023977281...lkLE_CdPDARwG6XVtvlTxQc1WDNKIEvRoCZv8QAvD_BwE

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  6. Feb 9, 2022 at 11:57 AM
    tgarrettallen

tgarrettallen New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trevor
    Vehicle:
    2003 Tacoma Prerunner V6
    None
    I just tracked down the original company that made the Perma Gaurd liners. There were called Colonel's Truck Accessories (CTA).

CTA changed its name to Rugged Liner, Inc.

I called and spoke with the customer service rep and they said that was the LIK-13 clip which can be found here https://ruggedliner.com/images/install/LIK-13.pdf

I asked if the liner was still under warranty to which I was told no but it were they don't make a liner for the double cab first-gen Tacoma bed length.

yotadude520 likes this.
  7. May 17, 2023 at 7:03 AM
    Bluepig

Bluepig Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy "Pig"
    North Florida
    Vehicle:
    2002 Toyota Tacoma Ex Cab 6.4 bed
    None
    Hey all, I'm new but thanks to this thread I was able to locate the clips. Called Rugged Liner (even though mine is a Perma Guard - same locking cam mechanism). Told them I was looking for the LIK-13 and was given two numbers 'sort-of' local. Called CBI Unliimited in Lake City FL @ 386-755-0300. They have to get pricing, and ETA and are going to call me back. I'm not reinstalling the bed liner, but want to sell it, and to be complete I need the clips.

The last Toyota I owned was an 82 Starlet (for $4,200) I bought new from the dealer in Agana Guam while stationed with the 33rd at Kadena JP attached to Anderson AFB Guam. Always wanted a Tacoma, and my 2002 came up three weeks ago for $8,500 (got it for $6,000) with 179k miles, super clean. Thankfully the cam cover had a last replaced water pump and timing belt sticker at 89,575 miles, so I just swapped out for a new one at 180,5xx. Built an organizer for the back seat behind the drivers, and just drove it to Savannah to visit my son and buy a topper.

sub org.jpg
    sub org1.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top