Notices

Squeaking!!! Driving me bonkers!

Old 06-02-2013, 03:51 PM   #1
sull625 is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: Dave
sull625's Tacoma Gallery
Squeaking!!! Driving me bonkers!

I bought a 04 Tacoma DC last week. The other day while driving it I heard a squeak from the passenger side front somewhere in the suspension or something. Anyway I was just fooling with it and found that it only does it when turned to the left or in the center. It does not do it when turned to the right. I first thought it could be the control arm bushings but now I'm dumbfounded. I am going to bring it in to the shop but would like to know if I could just fix it on my own. Has any one else had this issue? Any input is greatly appreciated.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:41 PM   #2
Ace of Spades
Alderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: OPSEC
Name: Nick
Alderleet's Tacoma Gallery
Could be a shit load of things.

Try narrowing it down. Jack your front end up, pull off your wheel, clean your brake disk and pads. apply anti-squeak to the pad backing, check to make sure your tin brake caliper dust shield isnt rubbing, and see if that fixes it.

Since it only occurs during turning, it might be your sway bar bushings. perhaps try lubing that too.

Its all trial and error
Old 06-02-2013, 06:14 PM   #3

Law Enforcement:
sull625's Tacoma Gallery
I hear that. I lubed the top of my shock tower and that seemed to fix it temporarily. Weird deal.
Old 06-02-2014, 03:59 PM   #4
prclements is one of the sharper tools in the shedprclements is one of the sharper tools in the shedprclements is one of the sharper tools in the shedprclements is one of the sharper tools in the shedprclements is one of the sharper tools in the shedprclements is one of the sharper tools in the shedprclements is one of the sharper tools in the shedprclements is one of the sharper tools in the shedprclements is one of the sharper tools in the shedprclements is one of the sharper tools in the shedprclements is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
prclements's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to prclements
Silly question, but what type lube did you use?

I've developed this same issue over the past few months (2007 with 138k miles)
Old 06-03-2014, 07:02 AM   #5

Law Enforcement:
sull625's Tacoma Gallery
I believe it was white lithium grease. Works great but did need to be reapplied every so often, great for temporary fix anyway. Let me know if it works out for ya.
Old 06-07-2014, 06:56 PM   #6
prclements is one of the sharper tools in the shedprclements is one of the sharper tools in the shedprclements is one of the sharper tools in the shedprclements is one of the sharper tools in the shedprclements is one of the sharper tools in the shedprclements is one of the sharper tools in the shedprclements is one of the sharper tools in the shedprclements is one of the sharper tools in the shedprclements is one of the sharper tools in the shedprclements is one of the sharper tools in the shedprclements is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
prclements's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to prclements
OK, I've found my squeak!!! It's on the driver's side lower control arm pivot.

http://youtu.be/3ApTrBfGukI

Now I just need to figure out whether a bushing needs to be replaced or if I can lube it.