Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Hello TW!

Old 06-02-2013, 04:46 PM   #1
Mr.Jack is on a distinguished road
Mr.Jack's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Hello TW!

Good Evening everyone!

I just wanted my first post to be an introduction and a thank you.

I recently sold my dinky 4cyl Nissan Versa and upgraded to my 2004 DC Tacoma. It had 72,xxx miles when I got it and was very clean with everything working like it rolled off the assembly line.

Since then, I have been lurking in this forum to absorb all the information I can. Although I cannot credit the search feature here, using google, I have thoroughly scoured this forum for all the information I could ever want. I want to thank everyone for such an amazing library of information and all of the helpful and good-natured members here. With the information here I have acquired the confidence to do the grey wire mod, change all spark plugs, install a brush guard with 4 Hella lights, change the oil and all the gear oil in the diffs and TC and also grease all my nipples! I have serviced my ATF and installed a remote starter to boot (the most difficult wiring job I've done to date). I owe it all to this site, so thank you to everyone who helps makes this forum great.

-Mr. Jack
Old 06-03-2013, 09:42 AM   #3
Mr.Jack's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-03-2013, 02:11 PM   #6
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
always good to see another 1st gen! Welcome!
Old 06-03-2013, 02:40 PM   #7
Mr.Jack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by somethinboutayota View Post
What kind of grill you running?
It's a grillcraft.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:17 PM   #8
Dorthy left Kansas for a reason
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
somethinboutayota's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! looks pretty good, are you going to keep the brush guard on? Seems like they do more damage than help
Old 06-03-2013, 03:21 PM   #9
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
All that searching and reading of vast amounts of TW knowledge and you still have your running boards and grille guard on the truck?

I kid, I kid...

Welcome, and nice truck.

Love the switches on the shifter trim.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:52 PM   #10
Mr.Jack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by somethinboutayota View Post
Nice! looks pretty good, are you going to keep the brush guard on? Seems like they do more damage than help
I know people call them damage multipliers here, but I still wanted one. They cost about 1/3 the price of a good solid bumper replacement and I got it for the light mounting option and pretty much nothing else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
All that searching and reading of vast amounts of TW knowledge and you still have your running boards and grille guard on the truck?

I kid, I kid...

Welcome, and nice truck.

Love the switches on the shifter trim.
Actually, I was so happy with my running boards that I kept them and never searched about them. If I were to switch it up I really love the rock sliders that most people have around here. They look indestructible and with a few layers of some bed liner they could be anti slip too in the rain. I actually put a strip pf LED's under my boards so the ground lights up ONLY when I unlock or open doors. They are off all other times. Makes a great courtesy light and its easy to see everything under the truck in the dark.

Ill be honest, I'm a young buck fresh from 2yr college - I've never been offroading before this truck But some of these builds on here are so amazing that I have to pick my jaw back up and remember that I cannot afford what you big boys are playing with. I love seeing the flex pics and love everything that everyone does to make their truck their own. I would like to find trails and comingle but I havent reached out to anyone in my community.

If money wasn't an issue, I'd have gone for real bumpers front and back, s/c, LED light bars, and 3in of lift all around with bigger tires.

However, I love my taco -except her mpg- and my kids love chilling in the camper and wheelin to the beach.

Oh, and I'm keeping the brush guard, the light setup is what I got it for. I know they tend to cause extra damage, but that's what insurance is for.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:03 PM   #11
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Jack View Post
I know people call them damage multipliers here, but I still wanted one. They cost about 1/3 the price of a good solid bumper replacement and I got it for the light mounting option and pretty much nothing else.

Actually, I was so happy with my running boards that I kept them and never searched about them. If I were to switch it up I really love the rock sliders that most people have around here. They look indestructible and with a few layers of some bed liner they could be anti slip too in the rain. I actually put a strip pf LED's under my boards so the ground lights up ONLY when I unlock or open doors. They are off all other times. Makes a great courtesy light and its easy to see everything under the truck in the dark.

Ill be honest, I'm a young buck fresh from 2yr college - I've never been offroading before this truck But some of these builds on here are so amazing that I have to pick my jaw back up and remember that I cannot afford what you big boys are playing with. I love seeing the flex pics and love everything that everyone does to make their truck their own. I would like to find trails and comingle but I havent reached out to anyone in my community.

If money wasn't an issue, I'd have gone for real bumpers front and back, s/c, LED light bars, and 3in of lift all around with bigger tires.

However, I love my taco -except her mpg- and my kids love chilling in the camper and wheelin to the beach.

Oh, and I'm keeping the brush guard, the light setup is what I got it for. I know they tend to cause extra damage, but that's what insurance is for.
Hell, I'm bone stock except for sliders, Subaru seats and a shitload of spray paint.

Once you go wheeling a bit you'll either rip the running boards off on a rock or decide you want the sliders for extra protection.

Really nice looking truck, man.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:21 PM   #12
TheMaineTacoma is a name known to allTheMaineTacoma is a name known to allTheMaineTacoma is a name known to allTheMaineTacoma is a name known to allTheMaineTacoma is a name known to allTheMaineTacoma is a name known to all
Name: Steve
TheMaineTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
She is so clean inside. Doesnt look like kids have been in there lol
Old 06-03-2013, 05:31 PM   #13
Mr.Jack's Tacoma Gallery
I've seen your build and I'm impressed with your paint skills. I could never have a job come out that clean. Very nice. And I really love your seats. They are the best swap I've seen.

When are you going to paint the whole dash and wheel?
Old 06-03-2013, 05:33 PM   #14
Mr.Jack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaineTacoma View Post
She is so clean inside. Doesnt look like kids have been in there lol
At least not in the front seats, the french fry grave yard begins just behind my seat!
Old 06-03-2013, 06:23 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Jack View Post
I've seen your build and I'm impressed with your paint skills. I could never have a job come out that clean. Very nice. And I really love your seats. They are the best swap I've seen.

When are you going to paint the whole dash and wheel?
Wheels this summer, hopefully.

Upper dash panel... I have no idea. It's too daunting to remove and paint properly, so my only other option is brush on. And honestly I'm worried about the quality of paint job I can achieve with the foam brush.

But it is weighing on me... I want to paint it badly.

Thanks for the compliments... can't wait until your build thread (and yes, you're on TW... it will happen)
Old 06-03-2013, 10:27 PM   #16
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
can't wait until your build thread (and yes, you're on TW... it will happen)
It's true. Only took me two years, but it WILL happen...

Nice truck!
Old 06-04-2013, 04:13 AM   #17
DAMOS is on a distinguished road

DAMOS's Tacoma Gallery
good looking dub cab.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:11 AM   #18
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
TacomaWorld inspired you to grease your nipples?!

Actually, I'm not even that surprised... Some weird folks around here
Old 06-04-2013, 06:58 AM   #19
Dorthy left Kansas for a reason
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
somethinboutayota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTaco View Post
TacomaWorld inspired you to grease your nipples?!

Actually, I'm not even that surprised... Some weird folks around here
Cant disagree with that statement!