LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Vacuum Hose Question

Old 06-02-2013, 05:13 PM   #1
Mr.Jack is on a distinguished road
Mr.Jack's Tacoma Gallery
Vacuum Hose Question

Most people who do the Seafoam cleaning use the brake booster line. It looks like the brake booster only feeds one cylinder.

The other vacuum line is right after the throttle body and looks like it feeds into every cylinder.

Am I correct on this?
Old 06-02-2013, 05:37 PM   #2
Ace of Spades
Alderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: OPSEC
Name: Nick
Alderleet's Tacoma Gallery
I use the one that feeds just forward of the throttle body, and it should feed all cylinders via the plenum.

However, i noticed its more inclined to dump into the center 2 plenum feeds.

Seafoam aerosol works a bit better in that regard.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:41 PM   #3
Mr.Jack is on a distinguished road
Mr.Jack's Tacoma Gallery
Well, I didn't use Seafoam, I used water to decarb the engine and WOW, what a difference It made. Idles smoother and is more responsive. After that, I cleaned the MAF. Cleaning the MAF made the most difference, I am a firm believer in OEM filters and some dirt still got to the MAF. After cleaning it, there was no difference at speed but from a stop, she just wants to go!