Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Scratch On Dash

Old 06-03-2013, 05:42 PM   #1
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Scratch On Dash

First-anyone know if the dash in the glovebox area-is that leather or vinyl? I have the LTD DC and I know the shifter and steering wheel are leather at least.
Anyways-does anyone have a good way to make a scratch kinda disappear on the glovebox door and a little in the surrounding area? I fkkd up and ran the end of a bedframe across it. Pissed. 12 years and not a blemish till now
maybe that "tannery" type stuff? or some kind of "scratch remover" for interiors? Thanks for any help
Old 06-03-2013, 06:44 PM   #2
highcotton2003 is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Britt
highcotton2003's Tacoma Gallery
they make a vinyl leather repair kit that can be bought at any auto parts store. if all else fails and you still cant stand looking at it find a replacement
Old 06-03-2013, 07:35 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
How bad is it? Can you post a pic?
Old 06-03-2013, 09:51 PM   #4
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

It aint good I will do a pic tomorrow Chris and Britt thanks for your suggestions I will start a search.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:36 AM   #5
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I have a good one there too and another one on the passenger side window sill. They bring back great memories and I smile every time I look at them so I leave them
Old 06-04-2013, 10:57 AM   #6

well unfortunately mine has no worthy "memory" such as yours. Lucky you young'un.
ok here are a couple pics-

not looking too easy huh?
Old 06-04-2013, 11:01 AM   #7
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery
best you might be able to do is melt it down with a tiny blowtorch and
quick strokes

I'd order a new door, or get used to the scratch. but I would use my little gas
soldering iron with blowtorch tip first. remove part from vehicle first !!!!!
Old 06-04-2013, 11:07 AM   #8
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Glove box is just hard plastic, no?
Old 06-04-2013, 12:46 PM   #9
koco is on a distinguished road

koco's Tacoma Gallery
Polishing it won't do much. If you are careful, you can mostly get it out with a cloth and some carburetor cleaner. It will slightly melt the plastic to reduce the scratch. It worked pretty well for me on some kick panels.

Look around first for a better solution. There may be some kind of kit available on the market by now.

Another option is to sand it out and then polish it, but you would lose the surface texture and it would look weird.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:15 PM   #10

yeah the more I look at it the more it's seeming you cannot do anything to it. Good suggestions thanks.
I'm glad it's just the door and not the dash-like 127 said I can remove it and put more focus to it if I want-or just buy a new one yeah. It's so hideous it's kinda worth the money.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:20 PM   #11
Trusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant future

Name: Tony
Trusso24's Tacoma Gallery
I would love to see your truck. Must be clean as could be!
Old 06-04-2013, 04:40 PM   #12

yeah it is-which makes this scratch that much more dramatic.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:51 PM   #13
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trusso24 View Post
I would love to see your truck. Must be clean as could be!
Ive seen it! I think its the cleanest first gen Ive seen that was over 5 years in age!
Old 06-04-2013, 05:01 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Ive seen it! I think its the cleanest first gen Ive seen that was over 5 years in age!
NAWWW! thanks Chris