Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Couple tire questions, size and brand

Old 06-03-2013, 09:59 PM   #1
10ga is on a distinguished road

10ga's Tacoma Gallery
Couple tire questions, size and brand

I have a 2001 4x4 TRD, Double cab and it's time for tires. I currently have 265/70/16 and would like to go a little bigger. What is the largest tire I can go and not have to lift? I'm thinking 265/75/16's would be about it?

Second question is, has anyone ran the Treadwright Wardens? I go off road very little but when I do, would like to have something better than my current Michelins and not to mention they're higher than a cats back.

The Treadwrights look pretty good and I've seen several good reviews. Just curious what you guys think about them.

Thanks for the help and advice
Old 06-04-2013, 07:30 AM   #3
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I go to school about 20 miles from Treadwright's factory. When a buddy of mine lifted his Silverado I convinced him to give the treadwrights a shot. We went out to their factory and checked everything out, pretty cool place. It was like BFG A/T retirement home, thousands of them stacked up waiting to die haha. They use those carcasses almost exclusively. He got the wardens and is still rolling on them 2 years later, they haven't blown out and killed him yet like everyone insists will happen . I really wanted a set for my next set of tires but ended up needing something in a hurry after wearing one totally bald due to a bad alignment right before a 700 mile trip