Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

frame repair( rebuild)

Old 06-04-2013, 01:45 PM   #1
gershum is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
gershum's Tacoma Gallery
frame repair( rebuild)

Now that I have pleaded to toyota about my rusted frame,I now have no choice but attempt a repair, has anybody done this, the frame was good 12 mons ago now has holes near the front spring hangers anybody got pics of their repair and how they did it you know the do's and don'ts
Old 06-04-2013, 03:38 PM   #2
Trusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant future

Name: Tony
Trusso24's Tacoma Gallery
I'd look for a new one and swap it out.

Are you an experienced fabricator? If not I'd highly recommend to do a swap. Your trusting your life on those welds
Old 06-04-2013, 03:40 PM   #3
Trusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant future

Name: Tony
Trusso24's Tacoma Gallery
Then box it in/reinforce it. POR-15 it or bed line it immediately after your completed and keep an eye on it weekly/monthly as to keep up on it as you obviously live in a rusty area
Old 06-04-2013, 08:27 PM   #4
gershum is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
gershum's Tacoma Gallery
good with a welder what is por-15,bed line mean
Old 06-04-2013, 10:40 PM   #5
tacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomataco2's Tacoma Gallery
1/4 inch plate, or 3/16 or whatever you feel comfortable with. Weld the shit out of it

por15 is a rust inhibitor/ convertor. My dad used it on his van, good shit
Attached Thumbnails
frame repair( rebuild)-photo-copy-4.jpg   frame repair( rebuild)-photo-copy-5.jpg  
Old 06-05-2013, 12:13 AM   #6
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trusso24 View Post
Then box it in/reinforce it. POR-15 it or bed line it immediately after your completed and keep an eye on it weekly/monthly as to keep up on it as you obviously live in a rusty area
Bedliner isn't such a good idea. If there is a crack in the bedliner moisture will be able to get in and rust will begin again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gershum View Post
good with a welder what is por-15,bed line mean
por-15 is a paint used to stop rust. Trusso24 meant "bed line" like spray on bedliner: linex, rustoleum, duplicolor, etc.