Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

ARMOR!!!

Old 06-05-2013, 02:07 PM   #1
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Moe
Mainmoe02's Tacoma Gallery
ARMOR!!!

Looking to purchase a rear plate bumper along with the ARB front Bumper/ Bull bar. Ive seen the ARB rear bumpers for the FJ and I LIKE IT! But I cant find anything other than tube bumpers for the 1st gen tacos. Does anyone have anyinfo for plate rear bumpers? most places have tube rear bumpers.

Im still debating if I should get the front Full ARB bumper or get just a bumper without the light bar and without the head light bars. I like both styles. What are the pros and cons of having either/ or?

Thanks doods
Old 06-05-2013, 02:22 PM   #2
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Scratch that, I just realized i hadnt checked Elite OR for their rear bumpers. I searched their website and they have the exact rear plate bumper Im looking for. Plus, I think I like their front Bumpers more than ARB style. Looks better all around.

Still deabting on if I should get just the bumper (front) or add the enter light hoop with head light hoops?

One thing I forgot to ask was... Who makes the best sliders? Im wanting the Bolt On option w/ out kickout. The cheapest I have found is trail gear for $275 (fully welded together). Im willing to pay a little more if the others are better quality.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:22 PM   #3
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
Southern01Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Check out Elite Offroad and Relentless Fab. They are both vendors on this site. I personally have Elite front and rear bumpers and have beat the hell out of them with zero issues. You can check out my build for pictures of the bumpers.

Edit: you beat me to it lol. And I have CBI's bolt on sliders and love them also. They are expensive but they are strong.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:45 PM   #4

HAHA, for some reason Elite had skipped my mind, then right after my first post, I saw some ones build page and they had the rear bumper just like yours (the one i want!). Then I took another look at their front bumpers, and that was IT, I was SOLD. Hopefully gonna order within the next couple weeks. Do you feel not having the head light hoops hinders anything?
Old 06-05-2013, 02:51 PM   #5
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Elite has a front bumper GB going on right now
Old 06-05-2013, 03:18 PM   #6
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
Southern01Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainmoe02 View Post
HAHA, for some reason Elite had skipped my mind, then right after my first post, I saw some ones build page and they had the rear bumper just like yours (the one i want!). Then I took another look at their front bumpers, and that was IT, I was SOLD. Hopefully gonna order within the next couple weeks. Do you feel not having the head light hoops hinders anything?
No not at all. I've never had an instance where I said that I wished I had something to protect my headlights. I've bumped quite a few trees and have never came close to my headlights mainly because the bumper sticks out enough to keep the body away from anything. But I do like my center hoop because I have my lights hanging from it and it gives me a better idea of where the front of my truck is.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:49 PM   #7
Hey Now!
w00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
w00dy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
Elite has a front bumper GB going on right now
This