1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ARMOR!!!

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Mainmoe02, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Jun 5, 2013 at 2:07 PM
    Mainmoe02

Mainmoe02 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Moe
    Austin, Texas
    Vehicle:
    01 Gold tacoma SR5 TRD
    3" lift EIBACH coils w/ 5100's front, OME/ Dakar leaf springs w/ toytec adjustable shackles at 1.5" and 5125's out back. 33x10.5x15 KM2's Relentless DIY steel bumper.
    Looking to purchase a rear plate bumper along with the ARB front Bumper/ Bull bar. Ive seen the ARB rear bumpers for the FJ and I LIKE IT! But I cant find anything other than tube bumpers for the 1st gen tacos. Does anyone have anyinfo for plate rear bumpers? most places have tube rear bumpers.

Im still debating if I should get the front Full ARB bumper or get just a bumper without the light bar and without the head light bars. I like both styles. What are the pros and cons of having either/ or?

Thanks doods

2. Jun 5, 2013 at 2:22 PM
    Mainmoe02

Member:
    First Name:
    Moe
    Austin, Texas
    Vehicle:
    01 Gold tacoma SR5 TRD
    3" lift EIBACH coils w/ 5100's front, OME/ Dakar leaf springs w/ toytec adjustable shackles at 1.5" and 5125's out back. 33x10.5x15 KM2's Relentless DIY steel bumper.
    Scratch that, I just realized i hadnt checked Elite OR for their rear bumpers. I searched their website and they have the exact rear plate bumper Im looking for. Plus, I think I like their front Bumpers more than ARB style. Looks better all around.

Still deabting on if I should get just the bumper (front) or add the enter light hoop with head light hoops?

One thing I forgot to ask was... Who makes the best sliders? Im wanting the Bolt On option w/ out kickout. The cheapest I have found is trail gear for $275 (fully welded together). Im willing to pay a little more if the others are better quality.

3. Jun 5, 2013 at 2:22 PM
    Southern01Taco

Southern01Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Holden, La
    Vehicle:
    01 V6 4x4 Xtra Cab SR5
    Check out Elite Offroad and Relentless Fab. They are both vendors on this site. I personally have Elite front and rear bumpers and have beat the hell out of them with zero issues. You can check out my build for pictures of the bumpers.

Edit: you beat me to it lol. And I have CBI's bolt on sliders and love them also. They are expensive but they are strong.

4. Jun 5, 2013 at 2:45 PM
    Mainmoe02

Member:
    First Name:
    Moe
    Austin, Texas
    Vehicle:
    01 Gold tacoma SR5 TRD
    HAHA, for some reason Elite had skipped my mind, then right after my first post, I saw some ones build page and they had the rear bumper just like yours (the one i want!). Then I took another look at their front bumpers, and that was IT, I was SOLD. Hopefully gonna order within the next couple weeks. Do you feel not having the head light hoops hinders anything?

5. Jun 5, 2013 at 2:51 PM
    Monster Coma

Monster Coma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Pittsburgh, PA/Houston, TX
    Sponsored by Mom and Dad
    Elite has a front bumper GB going on right now

6. Jun 5, 2013 at 3:18 PM
    Southern01Taco

Southern01Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Holden, La
    Vehicle:
    01 V6 4x4 Xtra Cab SR5
    No not at all. I've never had an instance where I said that I wished I had something to protect my headlights. I've bumped quite a few trees and have never came close to my headlights mainly because the bumper sticks out enough to keep the body away from anything. But I do like my center hoop because I have my lights hanging from it and it gives me a better idea of where the front of my truck is.

7. Jun 5, 2013 at 4:49 PM
    w00dy

w00dy Hey Now!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    North of the Wall
    Vehicle:
    03 dCab tURD
    BAMF kick out sliders, SkidRow skids,Pro Comp 7069, Kelly Safari TSR 285's, Elite front bumpa, OME 883 & Dakars w/ D6XL AAL, Nitro sport shocks, Eddie209 Soft topper, Satoshi, k&n fipk, Clarion vx400, Ultra Gauge, Debadgination mod
    This :cool:

Products Discussed in

To Top