LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Westin rear bumper on Amazon (opinions?)

Old 06-05-2013, 05:36 PM   #1
Insert witty title here
Seventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Chris
Seventh's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Seventh
Question Westin rear bumper on Amazon (opinions?)

I did a search, but "westin" and "bumper" comes up with a lot of offroad bumpers, bull bars, etc. Apologies if this has been asked.

My rear bumper on my '01 is basically somewhat-chrome-plated rust. I'm just looking for a decent replacement that's somewhat inexpensive. Does anyone have any experience with this bumper:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

And this mounting kit?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

There are a couple of positive Amazon reviews on the mounting kit page which gives me the warm and fuzzies, but I figured it's always a good idea to check with TW first on things like this.

Thanks!
Old 06-24-2013, 12:38 PM   #2
pump is on a distinguished road

Name: Nick
pump's Tacoma Gallery
rear bumper?

hey im having the same problem trying to find a replacement bumper, ive come across a couple but im nervous when the ads say, OE comparable rather than the exact thing. Im trying to do away with all the chrome on my truck and get new bumpers (good amount of rust on the back one). I saw a truck like ours the other day with a replacement bumper on it but it looked pretty straight and didn't hug the back corners of the truck like the stock ones do and the rust behind where the original bumper was, was quite visible. Did you end up with one? I'm looking at these two but cant pull the trigger yet.

im leaning towards the first option

http://www.jcwhitney.com/replacement...2193y2002g33j1

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Step-Bum...=mtr#vi-ilComp
Old 06-24-2013, 01:29 PM   #3
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Why not just pick up a used OEM here or on Craiglists or eBay? So many better options out there