Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Need help with Base Upgrades

Old 06-05-2013, 08:37 PM   #1
ricvic is on a distinguished road
Name: Sherman
ricvic's Tacoma Gallery
Need help with Base Upgrades

Just purchased a 2003 Tacoma for my son's first car. I wanted to modify the truck but need help in what I should do and in what order, since I have 3-4 months to work on it. Here was my ideas:

1. Tonneau cover- not sure of which style/type/brand
2. Seat covers-Wet Okole or is there another option
3. Wheels-should I replace the wheels and how big (is it 5 lug)
4. Tires-size low profile or off-roard
5. Paint-currently factory gray thinking something with flake?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated
Old 06-06-2013, 06:35 AM   #2
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
If it's a first car, definitely don't repaint it. Mine is the first vehicle I had too and it looked oh-so-nice when I bought it, but between high school and college parking lots and the dumb stuff I do with it being young the paint has gone downhill and I'm looking at getting some paint work done after I'm out of school. It's not horrible by any means but it's black and I see every damn scratch in it. I don't hardly even wash it anymore because when I do I just see more scratches and get pissed.

Other than that, you kinda have to decide what direction you want to go with it. Is it a 5 lug? Only you can really answer that... go count your lug nuts and it'll give you a pretty quick answer Tires really depend on the intended use, we kinda need more info here.