Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Annoying things our GF/BF/Spouse do when they drive our rigs and how to cope with it

Old 06-06-2013, 07:21 AM   #1
BigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant future

BigOly's Tacoma Gallery
Angry Annoying things our GF/BF/Spouse do when they drive our rigs and how to cope with it

The wifey rarely drives my truck but when she does I'm chanting "wtf wtf wtf" in my head when she starts pushing buttons like there's some sort of turbo boost option or something so that my mf truck can go faster *. It's annoying as fck!

Another annoying thing is when she goes into reverse she doesn't make a full stop before switching to drive.

I'd really just like to just tell her off like a "honey badger" (look it up on the ytube) but I know better that a happy wife=happy life.

So please go ahead and vent out all your frustrations here cause misery loves company.

btw- 2nd gen tacos are more than welcome to vent here as well, I know your rigs have even more buttons and crazy gadgets to deal with than us 1st gens.

*sht, maybe I should go by me a SC now to make myself feel better
Old 06-06-2013, 10:09 AM   #2
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
I told my wide she's not aloud to drive my truck anymore and this is why.

1.) My driveway is built on an incline requiring me to use the parking brake everytime I'm parked. My wife, cannot for the life of me remember there is a parking brake on the truck, and she drives off with the parking brake on.

2.) Everytime I fill the tank, when she drives she mashes the gas because she says it doesn't have any "getup and go." Of course she has a turbocharged Audi A4 so doesn't understand that this is a truck, and not a German turbocharged car.

3.) I have everything neatly and strategically organized in my glove box, and everytime she uses the truck she digs through it and it never closes right afterwards.

That's the major gripes, I still love her to death, she's just not allowed to drive it. PERIOD.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:12 AM   #3
4wd is awesome
4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future

Name: Collin
4x4yota's Tacoma Gallery
U mean pushing the lever forward that says lo isnt a turbo boost hahahaha sorry i couldnt help myself
Old 06-06-2013, 10:19 AM   #4
Shit'll buff out!
Codyj8 is just really niceCodyj8 is just really niceCodyj8 is just really niceCodyj8 is just really niceCodyj8 is just really nice

Name: Cody
Codyj8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOly View Post
The wifey rarely drives my truck but when she does I'm chanting "wtf wtf wtf" in my head when she starts pushing buttons like there's some sort of turbo boost option or something so that my mf truck can go faster *. It's annoying as fck!

Another annoying thing is when she goes into reverse she doesn't make a full stop before switching to drive.

I'd really just like to just tell her off like a "honey badger" (look it up on the ytube) but I know better that a happy wife=happy life.

So please go ahead and vent out all your frustrations here cause misery loves company.

btw- 2nd gen tacos are more than welcome to vent here as well, I know your rigs have even more buttons and crazy gadgets to deal with than us 1st gens.

*sht, maybe I should go by me a SC now to make myself feel better
Hahaha, that's hilarious.. I try to be the only one in the driver seat of my truck.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:23 AM   #5
medusa1066 is just really nicemedusa1066 is just really nicemedusa1066 is just really nicemedusa1066 is just really nice
Name: Jonathan
medusa1066's Tacoma Gallery
On the interstate, she gives the auto transmission a workout...
Old 06-06-2013, 10:29 AM   #6
tacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomataco2's Tacoma Gallery
When my gf is driving her car I am cringing and going What the fuck! In my head. (She drives aggressively and she isn't a good driver). On the rare occasion of driving my truck she usually drives like a 90 year old woman because she knows her fate is sealed if she hurts my truck . She'd probably just have to buy me a lot of food and beer if she dented it.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:35 AM   #7
MOλΩN λABE
xaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zac
xaqori's Tacoma Gallery
No one but me drives my truck. Period.
Well one exception... I had costocondritis (spelling?) and I couldn't turn my head/neck/back or move my arm...my parents had to come pick me up (I was at the gf's house). I let my mom drive me home in it. That's the first and last time anyone but me has driven it.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:36 AM   #8
Shit'll buff out!
Codyj8 is just really niceCodyj8 is just really niceCodyj8 is just really niceCodyj8 is just really niceCodyj8 is just really nice

Name: Cody
Codyj8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomataco2 View Post
When my gf is driving her car I am cringing and going What the fuck! In my head. (She drives aggressively and she isn't a good driver). On the rare occasion of driving my truck she usually drives like a 90 year old woman because she knows her fate is sealed if she hurts my truck . She'd probably just have to buy me a lot of food and beer if she dented it.
This thread is priceless..
Old 06-06-2013, 10:39 AM   #9
RedDead will become famous soon enough
RedDead's Tacoma Gallery
My gf seems to think driving my truck at 85-90mph on road trips will help us get to our destination points faster...not good for the all terrains and I try to explain to her that driving 70-75 can easily save a quarter tank of gas which equates to less gas station visits..
Old 06-06-2013, 10:39 AM   #10
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
I never let anyone but me drive my truck and for good reason
Old 06-06-2013, 10:43 AM   #11
Never Satisfied
KingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed
KingKoda's Tacoma Gallery
My wife refuses to drive my truck. I like it that way.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:47 AM   #12
97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of

97Blk_one's Tacoma Gallery
My wife need a boosterchair to drive mine
Old 06-06-2013, 10:53 AM   #13
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Socalduckslayer's Tacoma Gallery
My wife drives mine just like she drives her car.....like a complete asshole. She thinks that if she hammers on the truck off road it helps find the next weak link that we need to upgrade. I suppose that's true but sometimes its hard to sit there while she beats the shit of it. I guess that's the price to pay if you want someone else to do the driving cuz you like to start drinking by 10am on off road runs
Old 06-06-2013, 10:57 AM   #14
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
actually my wife drives mine just fine..maybe it is our age.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:01 AM   #15
she'll ride
nut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AC3 (Vet)
Name: Patrick
nut's Tacoma Gallery
My fiance thought it would be funny to take it shopping and surround it with carts like the picture below, i cant find the picture she sent me, that was the last time she drove it

Old 06-06-2013, 11:21 AM   #16
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
GAWD I hate that^
Old 06-06-2013, 11:45 AM   #17
MichelinMan
teamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

teamhypoxia's Tacoma Gallery
When my wife drives, the pedals may as well be switches.

She doesn't seem to understand that they don't HAVE to go all the way to the floor.

She's standing on either the brake or the gas all the time.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:56 AM   #20
Frogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: On EOS duty
Name: Chris
Frogsauce's Tacoma Gallery
She doesn't drive on the road.