LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

seat question

Old 02-24-2009, 07:22 AM   #1
uglytaco is on a distinguished road

uglytaco's Tacoma Gallery
seat question

im looking for a set of seats for my truck, i really dont like the stock ones in my truck, they are just wore the hell out. i do alot of driving, so im looking for a bucket seat that well fit. i have personally help a guy put Civic Si seats from a 99 coupe in his 96 single cab tacoma. i remember having to do alittle welding, which i can do, i was just there to make sure the wiring for the seat belt and srs worked right.

i have been looking for Yota seats the will swap with easy, does anyone know of a good buckets seat that will swap? im think from what i've seen of a 98 4runner, they may work. anyone else done this?
Old 02-24-2009, 01:28 PM   #2
ubermx5 is on a distinguished road
ubermx5's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to ubermx5
in 1998 some 4X4 came with buckets...

they swap out easy... or you can look for a 60/40 bench...
Old 02-24-2009, 03:15 PM   #3
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
I heard celica seats are nice and my dad has a celica and I would say they are very comfortable. Other Tacoma and 4runner seats would be the easiest and may just bolt right in.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:34 AM   #4

cool, thanks for the info.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:36 AM   #5
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmok View Post
I heard celica seats are nice and my dad has a celica and I would say they are very comfortable. Other Tacoma and 4runner seats would be the easiest and may just bolt right in.
i think 4R seats are a smidge different and you wont be able to bolt up the seat sliders all the way...something like 1 bolt on each seat wont fit i think
Old 02-25-2009, 08:04 AM   #6
EnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EnolaGaia's Tacoma Gallery
The only 'as is' transplant would be 1995.5 - 2004 Tacoma buckets.

Same-generation 4Runner seats should line up only 3 of the 4 mounting holes / spots, so some tweaking will be required.

Celica (and / or other Toyota) seats will require even more tweaking (or outright fabrication) to do the installation.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:59 AM   #7

i found a set of civic si seats for 40 bucks and i found someone thats can weld if needed. thanks guys. now i need to find a center console out a 4runner.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:51 AM   #8

ok, didnt get the seats, so please letme know if anyone has any seats for me