Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Do I need Fender Flare Trim

Old 06-06-2013, 02:00 PM   #1
DUCKSHOT is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard:
DUCKSHOT's Tacoma Gallery
Do I need Fender Flare Trim

I'm about to roll on bedliner my fender flares and the rubber gasket material that goes beween the flare and the truck is coming off. Could I just bedliner the flare and just install it? Is it there to keep the flare from rattling? I figure with bedliner material on the truck and the flare it should keep it from rattling.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:52 PM   #2
Fortified with horsepower-adding goodness...
WHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vance
WHPLSH3's Tacoma Gallery
Those gaskets are only there to give it a finished look. They are held on with two-way tape to both the flare and body. The flare might pull away at the top slightly, but of you don't care about a 1/8" gap I'd say leave it. They are roughly $25 a piece from the Toy maker.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:53 PM   #3
Insert witty title here
Seventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Chris
Seventh's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Seventh
When I had stock flares on, that trim was long gone on my '01 and they made no noise at all. I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:45 AM   #4
DUCKSHOT is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard:
DUCKSHOT's Tacoma Gallery
Sweeeeeet, gunna order my bedliner material then. Thanks!!