Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

1998 Grill Question

Old 06-06-2013, 03:37 PM   #1
Fire Pony
Ice Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lauren
Ice Horse's Tacoma Gallery
1998 Grill Question

I've been looking into making a new grill for my 1998 taco and I went to the dealer today to get some things priced out. One thing kind of blew my mind though. According to the parts guy, I needed to get my vin number because apparently they changed something about the grill halfway through production. and there's a $200 difference between the two

I know 4WD and 2WD have different grills and he seemed like a pretty knowledgeable guy and would have known to ask me that versus a vin number if that was the only difference. I did some researching and still can't seem to find anything. Anyone have any ideas? Dang 1998's are like the experimental mutants of first gens LOL knowing my luck ill have the $400 grill rather than the $200 one.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:07 PM   #2
Truck ~n~ Tow
TacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BU3....   Builder with NMCB3 1981-1986...  SeaBee's if that's easier...
TacoDell's Tacoma Gallery
prolly just the difference of chromed or painted... 2wd or 4X...

I don't see how anything else could be different
on any 98-00 model grill that I've seen.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:29 PM   #3
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
rockauto has them for like $35

The only difference is 2WD vs 4WD.

Even the factory service manual makes no mention of anything that your parts guy is talking about.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:57 PM   #4
Fire Pony
Ice Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lauren
Ice Horse's Tacoma Gallery
Mother of god lol. I might be ordering one tomorrow lol. I was seeing how much the dealer wanted so I had an idea when I went searching in a junkyard. But can't beat those prices.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:05 PM   #5
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Horse View Post
Mother of god lol. I might be ordering one tomorrow lol. I was seeing how much the dealer wanted so I had an idea when I went searching in a junkyard. But can't beat those prices.
Oh yeah, always check rockauto for good quality/cheap after market parts.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:07 PM   #6

Just checked.

1998 Black 4WD grille: $25
1998 Chrome 4WD grille: $26