Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Issues with automatic locks

Old 02-24-2009, 10:50 AM   #1
prosty41 is on a distinguished road
prosty41's Tacoma Gallery
Issues with automatic locks

Hi guys,

I have a 2003 4D Tacoma that is loaded. I bought it about two months ago and it did not come with a FSM.

Anyway, I few weeks after I bought the doors started to automatically lock about 20 sec after I started driving. I was slightly annoyed with that feature but I figured whatever.

Since then it keeps getting worse and worse. The doors will auto lock and then thy just keep clicking (making the lock sound) I was driving last night and they were doing it about every 5 sec.

I am guessing some type of wiring issue. Does anyone know if there is a way and how, I can just turn the auto lock feature off all together?

Thanks!

Phil
Old 02-25-2009, 08:58 AM   #2
EnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EnolaGaia's Tacoma Gallery
Does this truck have an aftermarket alarm system installed? The behavior you describe would seem to fit an aftermarket system better than any 2003 OEM equipment.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:56 AM   #3
Nope it just has a normal factory system with toyota keyless entry
Old 02-25-2009, 11:36 AM   #4
EnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EnolaGaia's Tacoma Gallery
The only auto-lock feature that should be operational (without an alarm system installed) is auto-locking of all doors 30 seconds after an 'unlock' command is issued from the fob *and* the system detects no doors are open(ed).

If you don't have the TVIP (Toyota accessory alarm system) or an aftermarket alarm installed, my guess would be a detection switch failure or maybe a failure with the Body ECU itself is tricking the system into thinking it needs to do a 30-second re-lock. If the timing is not consistent, I'd suspect the Body ECU itself (where I believe the 'timer logic' is based).
Old 02-25-2009, 11:44 AM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnolaGaia View Post
The only auto-lock feature that should be operational (without an alarm system installed) is auto-locking of all doors 30 seconds after an 'unlock' command is issued from the fob *and* the system detects no doors are open(ed).

If you don't have the TVIP (Toyota accessory alarm system) or an aftermarket alarm installed, my guess would be a detection switch failure or maybe a failure with the Body ECU itself is tricking the system into thinking it needs to do a 30-second re-lock. If the timing is not consistent, I'd suspect the Body ECU itself (where I believe the 'timer logic' is based).
Ok it does have the standard toyota alarm but if I undersand you right, your saying that I'm going to have to take it to toyota to have the issue adressed
Old 02-26-2009, 12:10 AM   #6
dustinuhls is on a distinguished road

dustinuhls's Tacoma Gallery
(TRY THIS; it's for the RS3000 system)

Automatic Door Locking / Unlocking Function:
The factory setting for the automatic door locking and unlocking function is on.
1: Sit in the drivers seat with the drivers door open.
2: Insert the key into the ignition switch and turn it to on (not acc) 5 times (on-lock, on-lock, on-lock, on-lock, on) within a 10 second period. The status monitors LED turns on, and the piezo chirper sounds once.
***You must perform the next steps within 30 seconds***
Select the operating mode:
Automatic door locking and unlocking on: Close the drivers door. Turn the ignition switch to the lock position. The piezo chirper sounds once, and the exterior lights flash once.
Automatic door locking and unlocking off: Close the drivers door once, then open and close it one more time. Turn the ignition switch to the lock position. The piezo chirper sounds twice, and the exterior lights flash twice.
If you do not turn the ignition key to lock, or exceed 30 seconds during the programming steps, the status monitor's LED will turn off and the previous operation mode will remain.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:18 AM   #7
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
on an 03 if its the factory keyless...its more than likely going to be the RS3200 instead of the RS3000 i believe