Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

LCA skid plate options for first gen?

Old 06-07-2013, 07:48 AM   #1
Insert witty title here
Seventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Chris
Seventh's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Seventh
LCA skid plate options for first gen?

What's out there? I'm Googling and finding a tons of 2nd gen links, but not much in the way of kits for the 1G.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:53 AM   #2
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't seen any... But why do you want some anyway? I'm curious, since I've never really seen the point to them.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:00 AM   #3
Insert witty title here
Seventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Seventh's Tacoma Gallery
Peace of mind, mostly. But they also look cool, haha.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:09 AM   #4
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ahahaha yeah, they do look pretty cool....
Old 06-07-2013, 08:12 AM   #5
Insert witty title here

Air Force:
Seventh's Tacoma Gallery
When your truck is as old as mine, every little bit helps.

Seems like they could be pretty easy to fab up with some plating, a bandsaw and a few beers. I was just hoping to take the lazy way around.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:07 AM   #6
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
Southern01Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Jerry (BAMF) makes some for the 1st gen. I thought about making some when I was making my other skids but decided that I don't need them. I have yet to get stuck on something because the opening in the arm got caught and I have a ton of scratched on the bottom of them. So when that happens I'll make some but until then, I'll do without.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:15 AM   #7
Über Posre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern01Taco View Post
Jerry (BAMF) makes some for the 1st gen. I thought about making some when I was making my other skids but decided that I don't need them. I have yet to get stuck on something because the opening in the arm got caught and I have a ton of scratched on the bottom of them. So when that happens I'll make some but until then, I'll do without.
He does?? I thought it was just 2nd gens and 4th gen 4runners...
Old 06-07-2013, 09:21 AM   #8
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slodgetto View Post
He does?? I thought it was just 2nd gens and 4th gen 4runners...
That i do i ran them on my rig when I was IFS. And they just so happen to be 30% off right now

3rd gen 4Runner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWaldz View Post
PITA install but worth it! I broke 2 of those bits Jerry, the 3/8" and a smaller one. Thank god I had another 3/8" bit (that I eventually broke in the end lol)

Old 06-07-2013, 09:23 AM   #9
Über Posre

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
That i do i ran them on my rig when I was IFS. And they just so happen to be 30% off right now
lol nice.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:29 PM   #10
Insert witty title here

Air Force:
Seventh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Thanks! How was the install? It looks like just a few bolts and holes, but I'm sure it's not that easy, haha.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:38 PM   #11
Senior Member. HA. I'm not a senior. I'm young...
Nunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shayne
Nunavut's Tacoma Gallery
Those look cool. I want one.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:07 PM   #13
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
BAMF is it. Group buy going on too.

Otherwise..wouldn't bother. The LCAs are actually quite stout.

But BAMF is the way to go otherwise
x2