Notices

I need new shocks, what lift is this?

Old 06-07-2013, 08:37 PM   #1
Necro is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
Necro's Tacoma Gallery
I need new shocks, what lift is this?

Old 06-07-2013, 08:50 PM   #2
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Trailmaster 6" aka Trail Disaster
Old 06-07-2013, 08:51 PM   #3
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Don't buy that lift get a pro comp if you want to go 6 inches
Old 06-07-2013, 09:19 PM   #4
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
Don't buy that lift get a pro comp if you want to go 6 inches
I think the lift has already been bought and installed and the OP is looking to replace the shocks.

OP, no idea but your truck may require some good lovin' with a replacement of the front suspension. I'm guessing it is going to be hard to source replacement shocks and the lift design looks sketchy at best.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:22 PM   #5
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
dear op, best bet would be to meet up with an wheelin' shop to get proper measurement shocks with your proper sized bushings.

Unfortunatly that kit is gonna be in there for good, unless you can come accross a new crossmember as the old one was cut out. ALSO, ditch the body lift.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:23 PM   #6
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
He could always get a custom cross member and
Old 06-07-2013, 09:27 PM   #7
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
He could always get a custom cross member and
who makes a custom cross member to maintain stock ifs componets on a tacoma? unless he relifts it, but that is still counter productive.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:28 PM   #8
Talk slow, shoot fast.
DirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
DirtyDTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Idk man but that lift looks hella sketchy
Old 06-07-2013, 09:32 PM   #9
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Good heavens, what has the previous owner done to that poor truck? You could change your spark plugs through that wheel well.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:32 PM   #10
Blueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
Blueitrgsr's Tacoma Gallery
That lift is bizzare. Can't say I'd be real stoked on it. OP might wanna rethink theory as possibly find another lift instead of replacing shocks.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:58 AM   #11
Necro's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the help and the suggestions!
Old 06-08-2013, 11:26 AM   #12
Necro's Tacoma Gallery
Now that I know what I have, I've done some searching and found this:

http://www.nwtoys.com/content/126-tr...ification.html

Whitfield seems to know quite a bit about the various conversions and I learned quite a bit here:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ter-strut.html

And here:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...lift-help.html

So now that I know it can be done, and how to do it, what shocks/struts should I look for and what kind of ride quality should I expect? Any brands that are better than others with the IFS set up? Which shock does the most work on the front since there is 2 per side? Is there a way to make them match so they both share equal duty? Or would it be better to have one of them do most of the work and have the other one there just because?

Edit: Just throwing in some more helpful threads as I find them:

http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77908
Old 08-01-2013, 03:03 AM   #13
snyper96799 is on a distinguished road

Army:
Name: Yon
snyper96799's Tacoma Gallery
I have that same exact lift on my 03. If your trying to the replace the struts the gabriels are pretty good. I changed them out a couple times already. If its the shocks i still have the old fabtech 2.5 coilover shocks. Most coilover shocks should fit just gotta get the right length. Which i THINK is 8 or so. As for the inversion mod i couldn't get it to work the angle was just not right for me so i just put them back on the normal way.