Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New to me 02 Tacoma with only 14565 miles

Old 06-08-2013, 06:03 AM   #1
kn38ms is one of the sharper tools in the shedkn38ms is one of the sharper tools in the shedkn38ms is one of the sharper tools in the shedkn38ms is one of the sharper tools in the shedkn38ms is one of the sharper tools in the shedkn38ms is one of the sharper tools in the shedkn38ms is one of the sharper tools in the shedkn38ms is one of the sharper tools in the shedkn38ms is one of the sharper tools in the shedkn38ms is one of the sharper tools in the shedkn38ms is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kn38ms's Tacoma Gallery
New to me 02 Tacoma with only 14565 miles

I've been monitoring Autotrader daily for a month and found this one, only an hour after she was listed. Dealer trade from the original owner.
(80yo fisherman from southern OH) The guy only drove for fishing and snow days.

I paid less than a dollar a mile.
Some surface rust on the rear axle UCA, LCA, and frame but the recall spray was done. Ball joint recall was done also. All body panels have zero rust or funk. Interior is flawless. the old guy must have washed it a lot in the winter. I will do some rust removal (Metal Rescue) on the leaf spring mount welds and spray paint. Peace of mind I guess

I drove it home 950+ miles with no problems. Best mpg was 21.5 due to the new Michelins I bought up there. No way I was going trust the original 11 yo BFG's @ 75mph on the freeways. Got the M/S Tahoe style tires because I will never leave the asphalt... Paid $14460 + FL tax.... Nice truck
Changed all the fluids, diffs, TC, Brake, PS, ATF, Coolant, and oil.

Old 06-08-2013, 07:07 AM   #2
MrDunev is on a distinguished road
MrDunev's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on the truck, you got a gem there!

give us some more info and.......MORE PICS
Old 06-08-2013, 07:10 AM   #3
vtrguy is a name known to allvtrguy is a name known to allvtrguy is a name known to allvtrguy is a name known to allvtrguy is a name known to allvtrguy is a name known to all

Name: Jarrod
vtrguy's Tacoma Gallery
looks beautiful!

+1 for pics
Old 06-08-2013, 10:30 AM   #4
kn38ms is one of the sharper tools in the shedkn38ms is one of the sharper tools in the shedkn38ms is one of the sharper tools in the shedkn38ms is one of the sharper tools in the shedkn38ms is one of the sharper tools in the shedkn38ms is one of the sharper tools in the shedkn38ms is one of the sharper tools in the shedkn38ms is one of the sharper tools in the shedkn38ms is one of the sharper tools in the shedkn38ms is one of the sharper tools in the shedkn38ms is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kn38ms's Tacoma Gallery
Price was outstanding. In the NW or Cali this would sell for $17K+
Old guy traded it in on a new Toyota. There were 3 other buyers on this thing but I gave the sales a $1K hold on my visa and said I will drive up the next day. Truck was exactly the way he described it.

Me thinks the dealer could have asked $15900 but it was rural, southern OH so perhaps they needed to move it due to the bad local economy.
They were asking $14900 and got them down to $14460. Truck was serviced at their dealer only. Owner even had the the Toyota True Start battery replaced with another one.

I changed the plugs. Good thing, 1000 miles a year for 12 years, and they were a bit corroded. Rear diff looks funky with surface rust but Metal Rescue will get it down to bare steel and then I'll just spray it with some black matte Rustoleum.

Under hood is spotless. I'm considering replacing the original radiator hoses.
Fan belts look flawless despite their age. This truck definitely spent it's entire life in a barn/ shed because the rubber trim etc is flawless. A true gem indeed. Non smoker vehicle and had no funky odors interior wise.
Truck will outlive me for sure. I'll get more pics later but the beach is calling...
Old 06-08-2013, 11:38 AM   #5
Loggerhead is on a distinguished road
Name: Seán
Loggerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Nice find man! That's a good lookin truck, wish mine only had 15k!
Old 06-08-2013, 11:55 AM   #6
Blueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
Blueitrgsr's Tacoma Gallery
Damn that's an awesome find congrats.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:51 AM   #8
PolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PolishAndWax.com's Tacoma Gallery
Ahh, just barely broken in.

Unless I missed it, is that an L4 or V6?