Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Changed the Door panel carpet to camo

Old 06-08-2013, 01:08 PM   #1
TheMaineTacoma is a name known to allTheMaineTacoma is a name known to allTheMaineTacoma is a name known to allTheMaineTacoma is a name known to allTheMaineTacoma is a name known to allTheMaineTacoma is a name known to all
Name: Steve
TheMaineTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Changed the Door panel carpet to camo

Was bored today so thought mind as well find something to change haha. Started looking and figured out that changing the carpet on the door panel is really easy. Took about an hour from start to finish.

Old 06-08-2013, 01:13 PM   #4
TheMaineTacoma is a name known to allTheMaineTacoma is a name known to allTheMaineTacoma is a name known to allTheMaineTacoma is a name known to allTheMaineTacoma is a name known to allTheMaineTacoma is a name known to all
Take the door panel off (it pops off after taking the two big screws out and the one in the door-lever, and the window crank), take the little screws off the back of the door panel that hold the handle on. Peel off the carpet. Then spray adhesive down and set the new carpet in place. (the edge of the carpet is pressed in the little groove. I used a flathead screwdriver). And put it all back together.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:23 PM   #5
fishbomb is on a distinguished road
fishbomb's Tacoma Gallery
Nice i was thinking of doing this as well
Old 06-08-2013, 07:24 PM   #6
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
that's awesome! what fabric was the camo?
Old 06-09-2013, 05:46 AM   #7
Its actually carpet. I got it at Walmart in the auto section.
Old 06-09-2013, 06:18 AM   #8
2011 TX TRD Offroad
Cmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: B.C.
Cmurder's Tacoma Gallery
Where did your interior go!!!
Old 06-09-2013, 03:51 PM   #9
You mean that huge piece of plastic that takes up 50% of the legroom? I don't miss it haha
Old 06-10-2013, 11:02 AM   #10
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
And this is a prime example of why everyone should stay OUT of the Walmart auto section no matter how tempting it is. This is the unfortunate result.

Old 06-10-2013, 11:32 AM   #11
Yamaha Dave, Im happy with the way it turned out. I Think it looks good. Its not your truck so don't worry about it if you don't like it
Old 06-10-2013, 11:41 AM   #12
Mapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mapcinq's Tacoma Gallery
I like it. Nothing wrong with Camo.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:43 AM   #13
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaineTacoma View Post
You mean that huge piece of plastic that takes up 50% of the legroom? I don't miss it haha
Camo joke lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaineTacoma View Post
Yamaha Dave, Im happy with the way it turned out. I Think it looks good. Its not your truck so don't worry about it if you don't like it
If you put something on the internet expect to get hate. I'ts not my thing but looks very well done and yup its your truck not mine
Old 06-10-2013, 11:52 AM   #14
CBR1000RR is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
CBR1000RR's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not really a fan of it either but it does look like you did a good job on it. Good stuff my man.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:58 AM   #15
yeah true that. Its not for everyone I guess
Old 06-10-2013, 04:51 PM   #16
veg hed is on a distinguished road
Army: Red Leg
veg hed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha Dave View Post
And this is a prime example of why everyone should stay OUT of the Walmart auto section no matter how tempting it is. This is the unfortunate result.

Hahaha!!!

I have to admit, I like it and it looks well done.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:14 PM   #17
2011 TX TRD Offroad
Cmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: B.C.
Cmurder's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
Camo joke lol

If you put something on the internet expect to get hate. I'ts not my thing but looks very well done and yup its your truck not mine
I do that joke every time I see something camo. Wife doesn't really find it funny anymore. Looks good OP. I was just messing.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:17 PM   #18
Dorthy left Kansas for a reason
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
somethinboutayota's Tacoma Gallery
Write up? Im going to do that in mine but with max 4 camo