1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wiring switch for aux lights

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by calebdnehus, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Jun 8, 2013 at 9:49 PM
    calebdnehus

calebdnehus [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    '98 Prerunner V6--2004 Tacoma facelift
    K&N cold air intake FPIK, FlowMaster 40 series muffler, Euro Diamond clear headlights, 2003 tacoma tailights, bixenon HID headlights, 4 inch lift, pioneer headunit w/kicker door speakers(amped w/Rockford four channel), 2004 facelift, led dash light mod, painted needles, black auto shifter, leather steering wheel, ultra gauge. Plenty to come... Still
    1998 tacoma prerunner v6 with power windows and lock and im wiring a switch at the top of the driver side control panel for the windows and locks because i have an empty space since i dont have power mirrors. i am just wondering if there is a wire i can use for a power wire in that panel so i dont have to run another wire into my cab from the engine bay
    i am mounting my switch into that top square peice in this pic
    [​IMG]

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Jun 8, 2013 at 9:50 PM
    2000GTacoma

2000GTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Snow Hill NC
    Vehicle:
    00 Tacoma Ext. 3.4L SR5
    I have 2 switches mounted there myself. I would say just pull a couple wires through the door into the door panel and to the switch. just my .02

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Jun 8, 2013 at 9:54 PM
    calebdnehus

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    K&N cold air intake FPIK, FlowMaster 40 series muffler, Euro Diamond clear headlights, 2003 tacoma tailights, bixenon HID headlights, 4 inch lift, pioneer headunit w/kicker door speakers(amped w/Rockford four channel), 2004 facelift, led dash light mod, painted needles, black auto shifter, leather steering wheel, ultra gauge. Plenty to come... Still
    I may end up doing that, I was just seeing if I could find a power wire inside that little panel first. How did you fit two switch on that panel???

4. Jun 9, 2013 at 11:17 AM
    2000GTacoma

Member:
    Snow Hill NC
    Vehicle:
    00 Tacoma Ext. 3.4L SR5
    I guess you could if you were only running a small load. I personally like to like the factory wiring alone but that's just me. Doesn't mean you can't run a small load. I bought 2 rocker switches from oznium.com and installed one behind the other. It was a tight fit but never the less I made them work.

5. Jun 9, 2013 at 8:36 PM
    calebdnehus

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    Thats cool, do you haver a picture of your set up? and do you have any other switches mounted inside the cab?

6. Jun 10, 2013 at 3:40 PM
    2000GTacoma

Member:
    Snow Hill NC
    Vehicle:
    00 Tacoma Ext. 3.4L SR5

I do not have any of the door panel give me a little time and I will get a couple of them. I have 4 of the same switches mounted where the clock location is. I removed the clock and cut a plate on the waterjet to fit. Never looked back I do have pictures of that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Jun 10, 2013 at 3:56 PM
    TejasYOTA

TejasYOTA Countinuous improvement

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Country of TEXAS!
    Vehicle:
    "WOOKIE" 01 Tacoma DC TRD Limited 4WD
    Check the TTORA Garage Section....
    Make sure you use primer wire.

8. Jun 10, 2013 at 6:59 PM
    2000GTacoma

Member:
    Snow Hill NC
    Vehicle:
    00 Tacoma Ext. 3.4L SR5

that's why I did this. Plus mine took a dump anyway so why not. I have a clock on my radio, phone, ipod so I really didn't need the one in the dash. I made a couple of custom plates for other members. Same outside dimensions with different switch configurations and so forth.

9. Jun 11, 2013 at 10:53 AM
    calebdnehus

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    How much would you charge to make the set up you have in that picture? Same switches and all

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013

Products Discussed in

To Top