LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Had to grab pics! 89 Toyota

Old 06-09-2013, 12:53 PM   #1
Recker is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecker is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecker is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecker is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecker is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecker is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecker is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecker is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecker is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecker is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Recker
Recker's Tacoma Gallery
Had to grab pics! 89 Toyota

Had to get pics of this 89 Toy to share with you all. My neighbor was putting a clutch on it for a friend. I was surprised how good the underneath looked, heck, better than my 2000. Brings back memories of when I had my 1987. Enjoy the pics. FYI if anyone is interested the guy was selling it for $1,700 LOL.
Attached Thumbnails
Had to grab pics!  89 Toyota-_dsc0024.jpg   Had to grab pics!  89 Toyota-_dsc0025.jpg   Had to grab pics!  89 Toyota-_dsc0027.jpg   Had to grab pics!  89 Toyota-_dsc0029.jpg   Had to grab pics!  89 Toyota-_dsc0030.jpg  

Old 06-09-2013, 12:55 PM   #2
Recker is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecker is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecker is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecker is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecker is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecker is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecker is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecker is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecker is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecker is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Recker's Tacoma Gallery
Moar pics
Attached Thumbnails
Had to grab pics!  89 Toyota-_dsc0031.jpg   Had to grab pics!  89 Toyota-_dsc0032.jpg   Had to grab pics!  89 Toyota-_dsc0034.jpg   Had to grab pics!  89 Toyota-_dsc0035.jpg   Had to grab pics!  89 Toyota-_dsc0037.jpg  

Old 06-10-2013, 07:21 AM   #4
wolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud of

Name: Skyler
wolfgang123's Tacoma Gallery
and to never use an autozone clutch
Old 06-10-2013, 07:37 AM   #5
Moco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311/0331 Security Plt. Hot dogs & Soda 2/23
Name: Eric
Moco's Tacoma Gallery
Everything about this series of photos - from the green drums, to the cinder block wheel supports, to autozone clutch, to the shirtless 'engineers' looks hackjob and conforms to the jerry spriger stereotype
Old 06-10-2013, 08:32 AM   #6
Moco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Moco's Tacoma Gallery
Off topic, but OP, would you mind posting some pics of your truck? Your truck looks badass in your avatar.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:49 AM   #7
Fordless is a glorious beacon of lightFordless is a glorious beacon of lightFordless is a glorious beacon of lightFordless is a glorious beacon of lightFordless is a glorious beacon of lightFordless is a glorious beacon of light

Firefighter: USAF Civilian
Name: Jack
Fordless's Tacoma Gallery
I've got an 88 5 lug in my driveway w/ 208K on it. I just can't bring myself to sell it, it just runs so good.
Attached Thumbnails
Had to grab pics!  89 Toyota-2013-05-02-10.13.23.jpg  
Old 06-10-2013, 10:37 AM   #8

Recker's Tacoma Gallery
First I want to say that I do live in a really poor rural community, most around here are surviving on one or two $8.00 an hour jobs because that is about it for employment opportunities. I'm a little more fortunate than most of my neighbors, not because I make more but because I'm not raising children on that eightfittyanhour. I honestly didn't even think about it when I took the photos, I saw the potential in an old Toyota, what that sucker could be with mods and alot of TLC. I was interested in sharing photos of what has changed over the years and what hasn't. I did not intend the photos to bring ridicule upon folks doing the best they can with what they have.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:43 AM   #9

Recker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moco View Post
Off topic, but OP, would you mind posting some pics of your truck? Your truck looks badass in your avatar.
Thanks Moco. She ain't badazz yet, not compared to the crowd on here but slowly but surely she'll get baaaader LOL. Mostly stock except the wheels, and the por 15 undercoating I put on. Saving for some lights and exhaust, meanwhile I plan on doing the deck plate mod and the oil catch can mod. Here are some pics.
Linda
Attached Thumbnails
Had to grab pics!  89 Toyota-_dsc0012.jpg   Had to grab pics!  89 Toyota-_dsc0014.jpg   Had to grab pics!  89 Toyota-_dsc0019.jpg   Had to grab pics!  89 Toyota-_dsc0020.jpg  
Old 06-10-2013, 10:46 AM   #10

Moco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recker View Post
Thanks Moco. She ain't badazz yet, not compared to the crowd on here but slowly but surely she'll get baaaader LOL. Mostly stock except the wheels, and the por 15 undercoating I put on. Saving for some lights and exhaust, meanwhile I plan on doing the deck plate mod and the oil catch can mod. Here are some pics.
Linda
Im ordinarily not a huge fan of the styling on 2nd gens, but I love your truck. She looks beautiful. I love the contras between the plastic grill/body panels and the blue painted panels

EDIT: Thanks for the photos.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:47 AM   #11

Recker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordless View Post
I've got an 88 5 lug in my driveway w/ 208K on it. I just can't bring myself to sell it, it just runs so good.
Amazing truck and in great shape! Brings back memories, my 87 was like a battle wagon, no power steering LOL. Dad always said manual steering would make my boobs bigger... he LIED LMAO. Mine still ran good when I sold her, had close to 200k miles on it.
Linda
Old 06-10-2013, 10:49 AM   #12

Recker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Im ordinarily not a huge fan of the styling on 2nd gens, but I love your truck. She looks beautiful.

EDIT: Thanks for the photos.
Thank you so much, like I said compared to the trucks on here she's got a long way to go. But this forum is dangerous because I'm getting all kinds of ideas! What would you do first, appearance wise?

Was lusting after one of the satoshi grills HomerTaco makes with the devil horn emblem...and a light bar behind the grill WOOT.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:55 AM   #13
jtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nice

Name: John
jtye's Tacoma Gallery
Had to give up my 93 Ranger about a month ago, different body style to be sure, but these pics still brings back some great memories. Thanks for posting.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:57 AM   #14

Moco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtye View Post
Had to give up my 93 Ranger about a month ago, different body style to be sure, but these pics still brings back some great memories. Thanks for posting.
Jtye,

What part of Arlington are you at? Im currently in Ballston, but moving to Alexandria at the end of the month. Ive probably seen you driving around.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:31 AM   #15
jtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nice

jtye's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Jtye,

What part of Arlington are you at? Im currently in Ballston, but moving to Alexandria at the end of the month. Ive probably seen you driving around.
Hey I'm in Rosslyn and work in Old Town. Actually moved from Ballston about 8 months ago!
Old 06-10-2013, 11:55 AM   #16

Moco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtye View Post
Hey I'm in Rosslyn and work in Old Town. Actually moved from Ballston about 8 months ago!
Cool. If you see a green regular cab 4x4 with a green cap driving around with a dumbass behind the wheel, thats me. Go ahead and honk.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:17 PM   #17

jtye's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Cool. If you see a green regular cab 4x4 with a green cap driving around with a dumbass behind the wheel, thats me. Go ahead and honk.
hahaha. Will do, not too many trucks around here, i'm sure I'll spot you sooner rather than later.
Old 06-10-2013, 01:35 PM   #18
Insert witty title here
Seventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Chris
Seventh's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Seventh
That old sled has less miles than my truck does!