Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

A little help with my fluids

Old 02-24-2009, 03:09 PM   #1
greenguy is on a distinguished road
greenguy's Tacoma Gallery
A little help with my fluids

did a bunch of searching but just want to make sure. I am going to change out my Manual Tranny fluid, the Rear/Front Diff, and transfer case fluid. I was going to use Mobil 1 75-90 gear oil for it all. Sound OK? Anything else need to be added? its an 04 TRD
Old 02-24-2009, 04:41 PM   #2
devilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nice

Army: 82D Airborne Div., Infantry Mortar Man, Paratrooper!
Name: Carl
devilsalmostfree's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to devilsalmostfree
sounds good to me, im prolly going to do the same this spring/summer to mine too! let us know how it goes!
Old 02-24-2009, 04:51 PM   #3
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
i'd get a second opinion on using the same all around. my mechanic (At work) said to use different in the front and rear. Not an expert though so wait for one of them to chime in
Old 02-24-2009, 05:10 PM   #4
Marazzito will become famous soon enough

Marazzito's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Marazzito Send a message via Yahoo to Marazzito
For the Transmission use Redline MT90... It is probably the single best thing I did to my truck. Shifts are 10 times smother, especially between 1st and 2nd. Redline uses a special friction modifier for the Syncro's and let me tell you, it works. MT90 is a little more expensive than most, but the extra 10 bucks you spend will be worth it. MT90 works so good in the transmission Redline will actually turn you away from even their own 75w90 gear oil in newer transmissions.

http://www.redlineoil.com/products_g...7&categoryID=7

For your diff's any good quality 75w90 should be fine. I use Redline all around mainly because I was so impressed with the MT90 in my tranny.