Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Just got an Ultra-Gauge from my boss !

Old 06-10-2013, 01:46 PM   #1
MrDunev is on a distinguished road
MrDunev's Tacoma Gallery
Just got an Ultra-Gauge from my boss !

My boss bought me a late birthday present, since he heard me talking about how I need to buy an ultra-gauge.

I am pretty excited to try it out. I need to buy a mounting bracket though since it only came with velcro.

I plan on following the directions online when I get home, but anyone else have any advice on setting them up?
Old 06-10-2013, 03:59 PM   #2
veg hed is on a distinguished road

Army: Red Leg
veg hed's Tacoma Gallery
That's a pretty cool boss. I had a scan gauge back in the day on my old ford 4x4 diesel van. I'm a nerd when it comes to gauges so this thing was awesome for me. Not sure if the ultra gauge is similar to the scan gauge but I remember there was some programming involved to get different readouts for stuff like transmission temp but the rest of it was just plug and go. Should be fun figuring it out...
Old 06-10-2013, 06:15 PM   #3
Insert witty title here
Seventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Chris
Seventh's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Seventh
Setup is extremely simple and straightforward. Plug the thing in, walk through the initial setup, pick the gauges you want on each page (or for the most part, page 1, since that's where it'll be 99% of the time after the novelty wears off) then just enjoy.

The only tidbit in the setup that (IMO) is important is changing the update rate on the display (it's in the manual) to the lowest setting, so that the tach is a bit more accurate. Otherwise that's it!

Edit: Note that there's a brightness control too. Here's mine at night on the lowest setting. It's very easy on the eyes, just wish it was amber.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:17 AM   #4
PolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PolishAndWax.com's Tacoma Gallery
Calibration is extremely important if you want accurate MPG numbers.

Just follow the directions in the manual. 3-5 fillups, always at the same station and same pump. My Ultragauge is really accurate against the pen and paper method (about 1%) because I took the time to calibrate it.

I installed mine behind my 4x4 shifter. No screws / tape etc. It's not as easy to see, but I didn't have to cut holes and of course it doesn't impair my vision.

If you're interested I'll take a picture of where it sits and post it here.