Notices

Tacoma 100,000 mile maintenance?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-10-2013, 02:30 PM   #1
veg hed is on a distinguished road
Army: Red Leg
veg hed's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma 100,000 mile maintenance?

I have a 2004 4x4 V6 SR5 extended cab that I bought with 21,000 mile on the clock. I have done nothing but change the oil with Mobile one. It's getting ready to turn 100k on the odometer and I was wondering what maintenance I should focus on to get another trouble free 100k out of it.

I know I need to change the timing belt and water pump. What else?

Thanks
Old 06-10-2013, 02:33 PM   #2
Mr. President
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Here are a bunch of threads you can look though for tons of info

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sea...archid=9292172
Old 06-10-2013, 02:35 PM   #3
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Check the Serpentine belts/ Pulley's
CHange Spark plugs
CHange front/transfer case/Rear DIff oil
CHange Radiator fluid
Change Power steering fluid
Check /grease U joints
check your Braking system, maybe FLush it out.
Change Brake Pads front and rear.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:42 PM   #4
veg hed's Tacoma Gallery
Whoa, that is a lot of info. Where should I buy a timing belt kit? I know there are a ton on line when you google it. Just wondered how comprehensive of a kit I should get.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:43 PM   #5
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDaTugBoat's Tacoma Gallery
I've got an I4 but I think you are over due for a timing belt.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:49 PM   #6
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by veg hed View Post
Whoa, that is a lot of info. Where should I buy a timing belt kit? I know there are a ton on line when you google it. Just wondered how comprehensive of a kit I should get.
Just go to your local auto Parts store or toyota they would be able to find the correct timing belt.

100k for vehicle is pretty critical time in the vehicle history i would do a full inspection of your vehicle so it is in tip top shape.

Just by Curiosity Is your Screen name from Major league.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:35 PM   #7
Working at the Nauga Ranch
robssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
robssol's Tacoma Gallery
Get in your truck, start it up, drive to the stealership, trade in for a new one! Maintenance done!

Just kidding! I would check just about everything!
Old 06-10-2013, 03:35 PM   #8
Working at the Nauga Ranch
robssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
robssol's Tacoma Gallery
Get in your truck, start it up, drive to the stealership, trade in for a new one! Maintenance done!

Old 06-10-2013, 03:48 PM   #11
veg hed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by robssol View Post

Yeah, I know people who trade in there trucks every 4 or 5 years and get a new one. I'm not into having the perpetual truck payment...A new truck would be nice but I like the 1st gens better
Old 06-10-2013, 03:50 PM   #12
veg hed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post

Just by Curiosity Is your Screen name from Major league.
Nope, just made it up a few years ago and went with it...

So should I buy this timing belt kit?
http://www.amazon.com/Timing-Belt-To...=IH85N6O3S11H9

And should I buy this tune up kit?
http://www.amazon.com/Engine-Parts-T...I2ZODHN5SBUEOC
Old 06-10-2013, 03:59 PM   #13
the full Monty

you could do those kits.

and do these to

CHange Radiator fluid
Check /grease U joints
Old 06-10-2013, 04:02 PM   #14
veg hed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
you could do those kits.

and do these to

CHange Radiator fluid
Check /grease U joints
That sounds like a pretty comprehensive list and should keep me busy next weekend...Thanks for the intel. Anything else I might be missing?
Old 06-10-2013, 04:10 PM   #15
the full Monty

Quote:
Originally Posted by veg hed View Post
That sounds like a pretty comprehensive list and should keep me busy next weekend...Thanks for the intel. Anything else I might be missing?
you have Auto or MT transmission IF you have Auto i would take it to a shop have it flushed. If you have MT i would do drop and add.

Also might want to do injector clean from shop.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:22 PM   #16
veg hed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
you have Auto or MT transmission IF you have Auto i would take it to a shop have it flushed. If you have MT i would do drop and add.

Also might want to do injector clean from shop.
5 speed MT

What's drop and add?
Old 06-10-2013, 04:33 PM   #18
mad dog is on a distinguished road
mad dog's Tacoma Gallery
If i am not mistaking its not a timing belt but a timing chain if thats the case then you don't need to replace it.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:41 PM   #19
veg hed's Tacoma Gallery
got it
Old 06-10-2013, 04:42 PM   #20
veg hed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad dog View Post
If i am not mistaking its not a timing belt but a timing chain if thats the case then you don't need to replace it.
No it's a belt...The timing chains came on the I4 2.7s

Products Discussed in this Thread