Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Hood not sitting snug.

Old 02-24-2009, 03:54 PM   #1
mn.cadena is on a distinguished road
mn.cadena's Tacoma Gallery
Hood not sitting snug.

I have an 01 Xtra Cab that I purchased used. When I bought it there was an issue with the hood not sitting snug (catching the 2nd latch that locks it down) along with the release in the cab not retracting back toward the dash board and sitting there loose. The dealer “fixed” this and it worked fine. I have opened and closed the hood since then without any problems. Today I had to switch out my headlight bulbs and when I went to close it, the same problem happened as when I first purchased it. Is this an easy fix or something that I will need to take to the dealer or body shop to fix? I am not the most handy mechanically, but I am not mechanically retarded either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:05 AM   #2
No ideas?
Old 02-25-2009, 05:39 PM   #3
glwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
glwood6's Tacoma Gallery
Do the sides all line up?

Any photos of the issue?
Old 02-26-2009, 04:11 AM   #4
The problem was the cable was not retracting. I used a screwdriver and moved the cable over at the latch. This sinched it up inside the cab so the release sat flush with the dashboard console. The hood closed catching both latches after this.