Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

02 V6 barely runs

Old 06-11-2013, 04:21 PM   #1
TexasYoda is on a distinguished road
Name: Dustin
TexasYoda's Tacoma Gallery
02 V6 barely runs

my 02 V6 tacoma barely runs. it acts like clogged fuel filter. i replaced it. No change. i think cats are stopped up. so i gut them. No change. I replace spark plugs. it improves a little. still runs like a turd. if you ease into the throttle it will accelariate, but very slowly. cant get it over 55. if you give to much gas pedal it will sputter and not rev up. any ideas? i need my truck going again. Thanks any help is apriaceted.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:50 PM   #2
Inverno4 is a splendid one to beholdInverno4 is a splendid one to beholdInverno4 is a splendid one to beholdInverno4 is a splendid one to beholdInverno4 is a splendid one to beholdInverno4 is a splendid one to beholdInverno4 is a splendid one to behold
Inverno4's Tacoma Gallery
Has it thrown a code? Mine had a similar issue and eventually threw a code that turned out to be an ignition coil bad. After fixed, runs like a champ.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #3
tacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomataco2's Tacoma Gallery
You gutted your cats? That in itself causes a problem.. Does it have an egr valve? Does it misfire? Did you use twin ground electrode plugs? How many smoke detectors are in your place of dwelling? Squeaky hinges on doors? Are you opposed to glasses referred to as half with no follow up like full or empty? What codes is it throwing?
Old 06-11-2013, 05:57 PM   #4
vtrguy is a name known to allvtrguy is a name known to allvtrguy is a name known to allvtrguy is a name known to allvtrguy is a name known to allvtrguy is a name known to all

Name: Jarrod
vtrguy's Tacoma Gallery
Fuel pump?

bad injectors? have you run cleaner through them?

Did you change anything that caused the problem or is it all of the sudden?
Old 06-12-2013, 05:41 AM   #5
TexasYoda is on a distinguished road
Name: Dustin
TexasYoda's Tacoma Gallery
The truck has been throwing code420 for thirty thousand miles. 280.000miles on factory cats. I do not know about dual electrodes on spark plugs because my dad changed them. Do I need two or one?. I kinda thinking it is a coil pack. I need to get the codes read again. Thanks everybody for the help.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:29 AM   #6
vtrguy is a name known to allvtrguy is a name known to allvtrguy is a name known to allvtrguy is a name known to allvtrguy is a name known to allvtrguy is a name known to all

Name: Jarrod
vtrguy's Tacoma Gallery
What did your spark plugs look like when you pulled them?
Old 06-12-2013, 09:49 AM   #7
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Bad CAT or MAF sensor. Get a Magnaflow cat an clean MAF sensor.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:10 AM   #8
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
You might want to check your cam timing long past due for the second belt.