1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Changing the Clock to a outside Temp guage.

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by TacomaZAV69, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Jun 13, 2013 at 11:07 AM
    TacomaZAV69

TacomaZAV69 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sherb
    Upstate SC
    Vehicle:
    02 Stepside Prerunner
    Exterior: 2008 Baja TRD Rims *Blisten Setup* Moog Lower Ball Joints *Upper Control arms* Plasti Dipped -Front Grill & Toyota Logo -All 4 Fender Flares -All Badges on Truck *Anzo Headlights* Interior: -Pioneer AVX-1500DVD Double Din Touch Screen -2 Rockford Fosgate 6x9 door speakers. -2 12' Sony subwoofers *Interior Red led's* *Gauges* *Seat Covers* *Cluster LED swap* Engine: -K&N CAI -Helix Power Tower Plus Throttle Body Spacer -FlowMaster duel 40 series -*Supercharger* -*URD KIT* Fun Toys: Currently rebuilding a supercharger!! -Jackass Horn Kit from Hornblasters!
    I have a 2002 xtra cab stepside. I have that clock that all of these year models have. I have seen some people change the clock to a volt meter. I was curious if anyone has ever wanted to change that clock to an outside temperature guage? If so anyone got any ideas on how to do this? Im sure this would be a simple mod. Just wondering if anyone else has ever heard or seen this done??

2. Jun 14, 2013 at 9:43 AM
    Gooch

Gooch Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orange County CA
    Vehicle:
    2000 Tacoma SR5 V6 4x4
    I like the idea a lot, but don't know how to do it.

Bare minimum you need a temperature sensor, like a thermocouple, and then I would guess some sort of reader/converter.

3. Jun 14, 2013 at 2:10 PM
    TacomaZAV69

Member:
    First Name:
    Sherb
    Upstate SC
    Vehicle:
    02 Stepside Prerunner
    Exterior: 2008 Baja TRD Rims *Blisten Setup* Moog Lower Ball Joints *Upper Control arms* Plasti Dipped -Front Grill & Toyota Logo -All 4 Fender Flares -All Badges on Truck *Anzo Headlights* Interior: -Pioneer AVX-1500DVD Double Din Touch Screen -2 Rockford Fosgate 6x9 door speakers. -2 12' Sony subwoofers *Interior Red led's* *Gauges* *Seat Covers* *Cluster LED swap* Engine: -K&N CAI -Helix Power Tower Plus Throttle Body Spacer -FlowMaster duel 40 series -*Supercharger* -*URD KIT* Fun Toys: Currently rebuilding a supercharger!! -Jackass Horn Kit from Hornblasters!
    Well I guess I could look up different temp sensors and the readout screen to match or get as close to the demensions as the clock. I Love/Hate that clock and would love to put something a little more efficent in that spot instead of a clock (seeing as I have an aftermarket head unit and it displays the time and date.).

4. Jun 14, 2013 at 4:58 PM
    Southern01Taco

Southern01Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Holden, La
    Vehicle:
    01 V6 4x4 Xtra Cab SR5
    This is what I did with my clock location.

Click Here

5. Jun 18, 2013 at 8:55 AM
    TacomaZAV69

Member:
    First Name:
    Sherb
    Upstate SC
    Vehicle:
    02 Stepside Prerunner
    I really Like what you did with your clock. I guess what I need to do is find something that will fit in that hole with minimal cutting. If anyone knows where I can find quality outside/inside temperature guages that would be awesome!! When I find what I need and do the work I will post up pics of my process of how I got it done!

Products Discussed in

To Top