Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Changing the Clock to a outside Temp guage.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:07 AM   #1
TacomaZAV69 is on a distinguished road
TacomaZAV69's Tacoma Gallery
Changing the Clock to a outside Temp guage.

I have a 2002 xtra cab stepside. I have that clock that all of these year models have. I have seen some people change the clock to a volt meter. I was curious if anyone has ever wanted to change that clock to an outside temperature guage? If so anyone got any ideas on how to do this? Im sure this would be a simple mod. Just wondering if anyone else has ever heard or seen this done??
Old 06-14-2013, 09:43 AM   #2
PolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PolishAndWax.com's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaZAV69 View Post
I have a 2002 xtra cab stepside. I have that clock that all of these year models have. I have seen some people change the clock to a volt meter. I was curious if anyone has ever wanted to change that clock to an outside temperature guage? If so anyone got any ideas on how to do this? Im sure this would be a simple mod. Just wondering if anyone else has ever heard or seen this done??
I like the idea a lot, but don't know how to do it.

Bare minimum you need a temperature sensor, like a thermocouple, and then I would guess some sort of reader/converter.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:10 PM   #3
Well I guess I could look up different temp sensors and the readout screen to match or get as close to the demensions as the clock. I Love/Hate that clock and would love to put something a little more efficent in that spot instead of a clock (seeing as I have an aftermarket head unit and it displays the time and date.).
Old 06-14-2013, 04:58 PM   #4
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
Southern01Taco's Tacoma Gallery
This is what I did with my clock location.

Click Here
Old 06-18-2013, 08:55 AM   #5
I really Like what you did with your clock. I guess what I need to do is find something that will fit in that hole with minimal cutting. If anyone knows where I can find quality outside/inside temperature guages that would be awesome!! When I find what I need and do the work I will post up pics of my process of how I got it done!