Notices

Anyone carry a gun in their taco?

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 01:03 PM   #1
benjammin5150 is on a distinguished road
Marines:
benjammin5150's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone carry a gun in their taco?

Im looking for a good car holster setup. Any ideas? Yes I have my CCW.

Old 06-13-2013, 01:06 PM   #2
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
Console Vault...or Wet Okole has a 'gun holster' bag that hangs off the front of the seat

Old 06-13-2013, 01:07 PM   #3
Bad decisions make great stories.
Lost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lost_Humanity's Tacoma Gallery
I've never heard of anyone doing this. If you did, you would be the first.

Let us know how it turns out.

Old 06-13-2013, 01:16 PM   #4
Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolcomTacoma2011 View Post
Console Vault...or Wet Okole has a 'gun holster' bag that hangs off the front of the seat
Thanks...Ill look into that.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:40 PM   #5
TheMaineTacoma is a name known to allTheMaineTacoma is a name known to allTheMaineTacoma is a name known to allTheMaineTacoma is a name known to allTheMaineTacoma is a name known to allTheMaineTacoma is a name known to all
Name: Steve
TheMaineTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I had one where the ash tray goes. I took the ash tray out, And cut the back of the plastic out (there is a huge empty space behind there) Then I put a holster in there that fit my 9 and it worked perfect.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:43 PM   #6
Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaineTacoma View Post
I had one where the ash tray goes. I took the ash tray out, And cut the back of the plastic out (there is a huge empty space behind there) Then I put a holster in there that fit my 9 and it worked perfect.
thats a great idea.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:45 PM   #7
H.O.G Hunter Of Gunman
82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3/1 infantry sniper plt reach out and touch someone
Name: BUBBA
82 yotaman's Tacoma Gallery
I carry mine in the wet okle gun totes on the drivers side

Old 06-13-2013, 07:48 PM   #8
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
i do......
nothing more useless then a gun in the truck in a lock box

Old 06-13-2013, 10:15 PM   #9
Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 82 yotaman View Post
I carry mine in the wet okle gun totes on the drivers side
Any photos?

Old 06-13-2013, 10:15 PM   #10
Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
i do......
nothing more useless then a gun in the truck in a lock box
Got that right.

Old 06-13-2013, 10:19 PM   #11
Deathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Deathproofduck's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone NOT carry a gun in their Taco?

Old 06-13-2013, 10:20 PM   #12
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathproofduck View Post
Does anyone NOT carry a gun in their Taco?
I don't

Old 06-13-2013, 10:22 PM   #13
Deathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I don't
Last i saw your in Canada and that's nuts with all the Polar Bear and all. ( sry couldn't resist, don't even know you just seemed funny)

Old 06-13-2013, 10:23 PM   #14
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathproofduck View Post
Last i saw your in Canada and that's nuts with all the Polar Bear and all. ( sry couldn't resist, don't even know you just seemed funny)
I'm not skared

Old 06-13-2013, 10:25 PM   #15
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
I use an open carry waistband holster that's simply hung from the panel under the wheel (where the tilt wheel lever is)

Old 06-13-2013, 10:25 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I'm not skared
I sure the F*&^$ am. Thats why i keep my salmon trips local ;-)

Old 06-13-2013, 10:26 PM   #17
H.O.G Hunter Of Gunman
82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3/1 infantry sniper plt reach out and touch someone
Name: BUBBA
82 yotaman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjammin5150 View Post
Any photos?
I will get some pics for ya tommorow

Old 06-13-2013, 10:45 PM   #18
skiwaves8 is on a distinguished road
Marines:
skiwaves8's Tacoma Gallery
Mine sits in the driver door bottle holder.Ready to go!!

Old 06-14-2013, 12:08 AM   #19
dph473 is on a distinguished road
dph473's Tacoma Gallery
I'm curious how that Wet Okole gun bag looks. I just have mine sitting in the center console under the armrest. Mind as well have it accessible if you are going to have it with you.

Old 06-14-2013, 01:45 AM   #20
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty much everyday. It's usually strapped to my thigh or hip depending what holster I'm rockin. But mine is for work purposes though so its open carry. For ccw, I'd keep it on my person in the car for several reasons:

1: if I get carjacked at gunpoint, I'll probably get shot if I go reaching for a holster or center console, so I'd rather comply and get out of the car, then blast him while he's getting in
2: if I see something happening that I feel the need to get involved in, jumping out of your car in the middle of a hostage or active shooter event whole being plain clothes and unidentified can easily get you shot. Better to get out, find concealment, then draw when ready to fire.
3: if shit hit the fan and I had to bail out running real fast for whatever reason, I'll probably forget it
4: I would not want people looking into my car and seeing a holster. People looking into your car are looking for shit to steal. Holster = gun and guns are prime to steal (for thieves)
5: going through a drive through or pulling up to a friends car or rolling down a window to talk to someone etc, a mounted holster is visible and no longer "concealed" which is not only dangerous to you but isn't smart.
Etc
Etc
Etc

Maybe I'm off base on a few of these, but I just think concealed means concealed, and on your person is the best place to keep it concealed. Mounted holsters are not good IMO. The wet okole tote is sweet, but again, what if your in a hurry and forget, or what happens if you get out to go shopping or something and transfer gun from tote to waist... What if someone sees you stick a gun in your waist... NOT good! So I'd say just leave it on and you wont have to worry about all these other things.

And a console vault is retarded! What are you gonna do, tell the person hold on don't shoot let me turn off my car to get my keys so I can unlock my center console and grab me gun -_- yeah um, not gonna work.

Just my opinion though.

Closed Thread