Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Which springs to match Eibach front lift?

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-15-2013, 05:37 AM   #1
Senior Member
Swimmerboy2112 is on a distinguished road
 
Swimmerboy2112's Avatar
Name: Brian
Joined: Nov 2011, #67737
Location: Walnutport, PA
Gender: Male
Posts: 520
Swimmerboy2112's Tacoma Gallery
Which springs to match Eibach front lift?

So today I pulled the trigger and ordered the Eibach coil springs for my 2002 Tacoma. I already have the 5100's all around. The Eibach's supposedly give about 3" of lift, so i'm looking for a rear lift to match that. The truck doesn't see too much offroad, just the occasional dirt/rocky road.

-Thanks,

Brian
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:07 AM   #3
Senior Member
Swimmerboy2112 is on a distinguished road
 
Swimmerboy2112's Avatar
Name: Brian
Joined: Nov 2011, #67737
Location: Walnutport, PA
Gender: Male
Posts: 520
Swimmerboy2112's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomataco2 View Post
2' aal? Toytec add a leaf should be level, you have an arb bumper so the front will be 3' lifted. The back should only need like 2 inches
Wouldn't a 3" front lift and a 2" rear lift not equal out? lol

Also depending on where I put the c-clip on the 5100's wouldn't that determine the amount of lift? Currently they're on the middle setting.

Also add-a-leafs make for a rather rough ride, trying to be as smooth as possible.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:44 AM   #4
Senior Member
tacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
tacomataco2's Avatar
Joined: Nov 2012, #91944
Location: Eastham Mass
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,712
tacomataco2's Tacoma Gallery
Well the front is lower than the back by about an inch or so, so in theory it would level out. And you can't have the clip above the "0" setting on first gen tacos, only second gens. Gives an unsafe amount of lift and really harsh ride. I have Dakar leaf packs and they are awesome, but they do cost more than just getting an aal. Depends on how much you feel like spending I guess.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:18 PM   #5
Senior Member
Swimmerboy2112 is on a distinguished road
 
Swimmerboy2112's Avatar
Name: Brian
Joined: Nov 2011, #67737
Location: Walnutport, PA
Gender: Male
Posts: 520
Swimmerboy2112's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomataco2 View Post
Well the front is lower than the back by about an inch or so, so in theory it would level out. And you can't have the clip above the "0" setting on first gen tacos, only second gens. Gives an unsafe amount of lift and really harsh ride. I have Dakar leaf packs and they are awesome, but they do cost more than just getting an aal. Depends on how much you feel like spending I guess.
Wow I didn't know that. Good to know, i'll be keeping them on the 0 setting.

I saw the Dakar leafs on Toytec's website, for $382 they seem like the best route.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:49 PM   #6
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
kmok's Avatar
Name: Kyle
Joined: Jul 2008, #8007
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,362
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
I like the Dakars paired wit my toytec c/os. I ended up adding a 1" lift shackle as well to get more of a rake. There's also an AAL made specifically for the Dakar pack if you need more hauling capabilities later on.

All pro Standard 3" springs would be another good option and they provide 3" of lift. They are $379 on all pro's website.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:51 PM   #7
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Konaborne's Avatar
Name: Cody
Joined: Nov 2010, #46536
Location: Kealakekua, Hawaii
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,294
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
When I ran my toytec AAL in the back with the eibach's up front the truck was completely level

The truck comes with a 1.5-2" rake rear-high, so lifting the front 3 and the rear 2 about levels it out





but if your leafs are sagging or you catch the wheel bug, a full leaf pack would better suit you

FWIW I loved my AAL.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:56 PM   #8
Senior Member
Swimmerboy2112 is on a distinguished road
 
Swimmerboy2112's Avatar
Name: Brian
Joined: Nov 2011, #67737
Location: Walnutport, PA
Gender: Male
Posts: 520
Swimmerboy2112's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmok View Post
I like the Dakars paired wit my toytec c/os. I ended up adding a 1" lift shackle as well to get more of a rake. There's also an AAL made specifically for the Dakar pack if you need more hauling capabilities later on.

All pro Standard 3" springs would be another good option and they provide 3" of lift. They are $379 on all pro's website.
Yeah the Dakars seem like the best bet, they have awesome reviews everywhere i've read. Think I may end up adding a lift shackle as well because I do like the raked look. Good to know about the add a leaf, as I do occasionally haul stuff with the Taco.

How are the Dakar springs? Soft?

I forgot all about all pro! I'll have to check their springs out as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
When I ran my toytec AAL in the back with the eibach's up front the truck was completely level
I think i'm going to avoid the add a leaf route seeing as my springs are shot as it is.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:08 PM   #9
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
kmok's Avatar
Name: Kyle
Joined: Jul 2008, #8007
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,362
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmerboy2112 View Post
Yeah the Dakars seem like the best bet, they have awesome reviews everywhere i've read. Think I may end up adding a lift shackle as well because I do like the raked look. Good to know about the add a leaf, as I do occasionally haul stuff with the Taco.

How are the Dakar springs? Soft?

I forgot all about all pro! I'll have to check their springs out as well.



I think i'm going to avoid the add a leaf route seeing as my springs are shot as it is.
They are a little stiff completely unloaded but I like the ride personally. This is compared to my worn out stock leaf springs that had a negative arch though. I went with the Toytec 1" lift shackle. I'd probably add the aal for the Dakar springs if you haul a lot and the Dakar springs alone can't handle it well or if you plan to have a good deal of weight in the bed all the time.

I would agree that an aal for the stock pack is not a good idea unless your truck has pretty low miles. Even then I think the stock leaf pack is shit and I would rather replace it entirely.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:54 PM   #10
Senior Member
toastyjosh is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: helitack
Joined: Mar 2013, #99289
Location: northern New mexico
Gender: Male
Posts: 248
toastyjosh's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...urbishing.html
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:36 PM   #11
Member
SVtaco03 is on a distinguished road
Joined: Apr 2013, #101843
Location: Stockton CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 62
SVtaco03's Tacoma Gallery
I just put the bilstein 5100s on the truck. I want to do the Eibach with the All-Pro leaf pack. So if you do their leaf pack then im subbed to know how you feel about them. The website sounds good too "more springs that are thinner than factory for a better ride." I believe it.

Also for people with eibachs how do the stock uca's do.

And what rear brake line extension does everyone in here like?

sorry for kinda hijacking.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:25 PM   #12
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
kmok's Avatar
Name: Kyle
Joined: Jul 2008, #8007
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,362
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVtaco03 View Post
I just put the bilstein 5100s on the truck. I want to do the Eibach with the All-Pro leaf pack. So if you do their leaf pack then im subbed to know how you feel about them. The website sounds good too "more springs that are thinner than factory for a better ride." I believe it.

Also for people with eibachs how do the stock uca's do.

And what rear brake line extension does everyone in here like?

sorry for kinda hijacking.
I didn't like the front lift with stock ucas. I ended up getting Light Racing ucas for a better alignment and better handling.

My extended rear brake line is two of the stock length lines bolted together and I've had no issues.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:05 PM   #13
Member
SVtaco03 is on a distinguished road
Joined: Apr 2013, #101843
Location: Stockton CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 62
SVtaco03's Tacoma Gallery
Another question about the uca's. The light racing are 380 and the all pro are 500 but have a uni ball instead if ball joint. Is that extra 120 worth the upgrade?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:10 PM   #14
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
kmok's Avatar
Name: Kyle
Joined: Jul 2008, #8007
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,362
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVtaco03 View Post
Another question about the uca's. The light racing are 380 and the all pro are 500 but have a uni ball instead if ball joint. Is that extra 120 worth the upgrade?
Uniballs are supposed to be stronger but the LR ucas have a ball joint that is stronger than the stock uca ball joint. The LR ucas balljoints are sealed while the uniballs are exposed and require extra maintenance. I've heard it's not a whole lot more but the road salts used here made the LR ucas and easy decision for me. If I were to get a uniball uca I would probably get a set of Camburgs myself.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:02 PM   #15
Senior Member
Swimmerboy2112 is on a distinguished road
 
Swimmerboy2112's Avatar
Name: Brian
Joined: Nov 2011, #67737
Location: Walnutport, PA
Gender: Male
Posts: 520
Swimmerboy2112's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmok View Post
They are a little stiff completely unloaded but I like the ride personally. This is compared to my worn out stock leaf springs that had a negative arch though. I went with the Toytec 1" lift shackle. I'd probably add the aal for the Dakar springs if you haul a lot and the Dakar springs alone can't handle it well or if you plan to have a good deal of weight in the bed all the time.

I would agree that an aal for the stock pack is not a good idea unless your truck has pretty low miles. Even then I think the stock leaf pack is shit and I would rather replace it entirely.
A little stiff isn't too bad, anything's gotta be better than that bone jarring ride that the worn-out OEM springs give. I think i'd opt for the aal over the shackle if I decide on the Dakar springs.

Agreed 100% on replacing the stock pack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toastyjosh View Post
Interesting. I always toyed with the idea of "making my own" leaf pack. I wouldn't know what springs to use to get what height, etc.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:04 PM   #16
Senior Member
661prerunner has a spectacular aura about661prerunner has a spectacular aura about
 
661prerunner's Avatar
Joined: Jul 2011, #59173
Location: Santa Clarita
Gender: Male
Posts: 504
661prerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVtaco03 View Post
Another question about the uca's. The light racing are 380 and the all pro are 500 but have a uni ball instead if ball joint. Is that extra 120 worth the upgrade?
PM The Parts Whore on here he gave me a better pricing for All Pro UCAs but ultimately I went with Solo Motorsports
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:23 PM   #17
Member
SVtaco03 is on a distinguished road
Joined: Apr 2013, #101843
Location: Stockton CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 62
SVtaco03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 661prerunner View Post
PM The Parts Whore on here he gave me a better pricing for All Pro UCAs but ultimately I went with Solo Motorsports
I don't have money at the moment. College student with no job. I just put my truck back to stock from it being lowered so im trying to figure it out for when i sell my old rims and tires.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:45 AM   #18
Senior Member
Swimmerboy2112 is on a distinguished road
 
Swimmerboy2112's Avatar
Name: Brian
Joined: Nov 2011, #67737
Location: Walnutport, PA
Gender: Male
Posts: 520
Swimmerboy2112's Tacoma Gallery
Bump for more opinions.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:06 AM   #19
Senior Member
Swimmerboy2112 is on a distinguished road
 
Swimmerboy2112's Avatar
Name: Brian
Joined: Nov 2011, #67737
Location: Walnutport, PA
Gender: Male
Posts: 520
Swimmerboy2112's Tacoma Gallery
To the top.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Toytec/Eibach front coil lift springs & AAL cram89 Buy / Sell / Trade 14 03-06-2013 01:08 AM
SOLD WTS Used Toytec/Eibach front coil lift springs SOLD Fiddynut Buy / Sell / Trade 6 02-28-2012 05:46 AM
Toytec/Eibach front coil lift springs /bilstein 5100 rayny1014 Buy / Sell / Trade 8 05-09-2011 10:14 AM
WTB Toytec/Eibach front coil lift springs Sky Buy / Sell / Trade 4 08-10-2010 02:53 AM
Toytec/Eibach front coil lift springs 60guy Suspension 1 03-22-2010 04:35 PM


Copyright © 2014 Tacoma Forum. Tacoma World is not owned by, or affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation.