Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Put a hole in rim

Old 06-15-2013, 06:43 AM   #1
oneguyonetaco is on a distinguished road

Name: James
oneguyonetaco's Tacoma Gallery
Put a hole in rim

Went out last night for some late night mudding and had a fabulous time. This morning I woke up w/ a flat(Yay Me) . I inspected the flat and realized that the flat wasn't coming from the rubber but the rim itself. Some how a rock must have wedged between the front caliper and the rim and actually punctured a hole into the metal on the inside of rim. Now the tire is muddy and I have to leave to work this morning so cant fix it this min. I could get it welded right? Maybe bring it were they weld aluminum. I can post pics at a later today.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:49 AM   #2
Fortified with horsepower-adding goodness...
WHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vance
WHPLSH3's Tacoma Gallery
Ask around to see who repairs wheels in your area... they can fix stuff you can't even imagine! A wheel shop would be best because they won't let it go with a major out of balance issue- you may not be so lucky @ a regular welding shop
Old 06-15-2013, 07:10 AM   #3
Swimmerboy2112 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
Swimmerboy2112's Tacoma Gallery
Find a local wheel repair shop. The one near me does some amazing stuff, you should see what they fix!
Old 06-15-2013, 11:35 AM   #4

Yes, That's what I'm going to have to do. should be very simple now that I cleaned the tire and got a look at it(was smothered in mud). Its pretty small, small enough I drove home and notice a flat in the morning.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:36 AM   #5

I actually glued it with some solder and seems to be holding for now!
Old 06-15-2013, 05:38 PM   #6
Insert witty title here
Seventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Chris
Seventh's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Seventh
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneguyonetaco View Post
I actually glued it with some solder and seems to be holding for now!
I wouldn't rely on that to hold very long.