Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

best way to clean starter?

Old 06-15-2013, 10:48 AM   #1
02goldie is just really nice02goldie is just really nice02goldie is just really nice02goldie is just really nice02goldie is just really nice

Name: Brock
02goldie's Tacoma Gallery
best way to clean starter?

so a couple days ago my starter began giving me issues. ill turn the key over only to hear a loud 'click'. some times it takes several turns for it turn over, and other times just 1 or 2. from what ive read, this is caused from bad electrical connections. Id like to try cleaning the connections before spending money i may not need to. are there different/better ways to go about doing this?
Old 06-15-2013, 10:57 AM   #2
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02goldie View Post
so a couple days ago my starter began giving me issues. ill turn the key over only to hear a loud 'click'. some times it takes several turns for it turn over, and other times just 1 or 2. from what ive read, this is caused from bad electrical connections. Id like to try cleaning the connections before spending money i may not need to. are there different/better ways to go about doing this?

there is a rebuild kit available for the key components. sadly I know nothing about it (2nd gen) but hit up Enigmaaron

I have seen him fix his by himself in the middle of the woods next to a camp fire. he later rebuilt it, but cleaned and got it working just fine in a pinch.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:46 PM   #3
License2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
License2Ill's Tacoma Gallery
THey sell rebuild kits on ebay for around $30 shipped, iirc.

If you do decide to get the kit instead of cleaning make sure you write down the part # on your starter. There's two different 1 gen starters.