1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Finally got my 95 Tacoma, need lift advice

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by jadeasaurusrex, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Jun 15, 2013 at 6:25 PM
    jadeasaurusrex

jadeasaurusrex [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jade
    After a year or so of creeping around on TW and months of searching for a toyota (and almost giving up and buying a Ranger), I finally bought a 95 Tacoma. I just happened to call my family mechanic one day to see if he knew of anyone selling one and as luck would have it, he was rebuilding one in his garage. I picked it up for 5500, which I thought was a pretty good deal considering it was rebuilt by a trusted mechanic, and that toyotas on craigslist with 200,000+ miles go for some crazy dough. I guess that's what happens when you build a great truck though. Anyways, its time to start the mods but I am a bit overwhelmed by all of the information there is out there (which is not necessarily a bad thing). I would like to start with a lift but I would like all of your advice on different ways to go about it. I wheel my trucks a little, but nothing crazy. I mainly hit forest service roads to get to backcountry lakes or a backpacking trailhead. Anyways, Im thinking about going with the Allpro coilovers with the bilstein's up front and their leaf spring kit in the back and maybe some shackles. I have also heard great things about OME or wheelers springs. I would like to be able to fit 33/12.50/15's underneath with the lift and without doing any shaving if at all possible. Anyways any information that will help point me in the right direction will be greatly appreciated. I know this has probably been asked before but there is so much information out there on this topic, it would be nice to have it all condensed on this one thread. Thanks again.

2. Jun 15, 2013 at 6:28 PM
    taco terror

taco terror 1st gen = best gen

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    1996 Black Tacoma, 3.4L
    4.56 ECGS regear, Wheelers 6 leaf pack, Eibach coils, Bilstein 5100s, AR Baja wheels, 33 BFG ATs, Line-x
    my advice would be to utilize the enter key. Suspension depends on what you want to spend and what you want to do, getting 33's is about the limit unless you want to spend a lot more money. There are others who know more than me about suspension.

3. Jun 15, 2013 at 7:58 PM
    661prerunner

661prerunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    Santa Clarita
    Vehicle:
    01 prerunner
    FabTech C/Os, Solo tubular UCAs (on order)Solo spindles(not installed) Glassworks front and rear, made by me Rocksliders, Premier Navi,
    I still rub frame at full lock with my 33s

4. Jun 15, 2013 at 8:01 PM
    taco terror

taco terror 1st gen = best gen

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    1996 Black Tacoma, 3.4L
    4.56 ECGS regear, Wheelers 6 leaf pack, Eibach coils, Bilstein 5100s, AR Baja wheels, 33 BFG ATs, Line-x
    I think you need 3 inches of lift to clear 33's, but that includes a little trimming and you might want UCA's.

5. Jun 15, 2013 at 10:35 PM
    661prerunner

661prerunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    Santa Clarita
    Vehicle:
    01 prerunner
    FabTech C/Os, Solo tubular UCAs (on order)Solo spindles(not installed) Glassworks front and rear, made by me Rocksliders, Premier Navi,

Well I just picked Up my UCAs today. So that will go on next week along with my spindles then If I have to do any trimming I will since my C/Os ar cranked right now and I lowering them

Products Discussed in

To Top