Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Finally got my 95 Tacoma, need lift advice

Old 06-15-2013, 06:25 PM   #1
jadeasaurusrex is on a distinguished road
Name: Jade
jadeasaurusrex's Tacoma Gallery
Finally got my 95 Tacoma, need lift advice

After a year or so of creeping around on TW and months of searching for a toyota (and almost giving up and buying a Ranger), I finally bought a 95 Tacoma. I just happened to call my family mechanic one day to see if he knew of anyone selling one and as luck would have it, he was rebuilding one in his garage. I picked it up for 5500, which I thought was a pretty good deal considering it was rebuilt by a trusted mechanic, and that toyotas on craigslist with 200,000+ miles go for some crazy dough. I guess that's what happens when you build a great truck though. Anyways, its time to start the mods but I am a bit overwhelmed by all of the information there is out there (which is not necessarily a bad thing). I would like to start with a lift but I would like all of your advice on different ways to go about it. I wheel my trucks a little, but nothing crazy. I mainly hit forest service roads to get to backcountry lakes or a backpacking trailhead. Anyways, Im thinking about going with the Allpro coilovers with the bilstein's up front and their leaf spring kit in the back and maybe some shackles. I have also heard great things about OME or wheelers springs. I would like to be able to fit 33/12.50/15's underneath with the lift and without doing any shaving if at all possible. Anyways any information that will help point me in the right direction will be greatly appreciated. I know this has probably been asked before but there is so much information out there on this topic, it would be nice to have it all condensed on this one thread. Thanks again.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:28 PM   #2
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
my advice would be to utilize the enter key. Suspension depends on what you want to spend and what you want to do, getting 33's is about the limit unless you want to spend a lot more money. There are others who know more than me about suspension.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:58 PM   #3
661prerunner has a spectacular aura about661prerunner has a spectacular aura about

661prerunner's Tacoma Gallery
I still rub frame at full lock with my 33s
Old 06-15-2013, 08:01 PM   #4
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
I think you need 3 inches of lift to clear 33's, but that includes a little trimming and you might want UCA's.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:35 PM   #5
661prerunner has a spectacular aura about661prerunner has a spectacular aura about

661prerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco terror View Post
I think you need 3 inches of lift to clear 33's, but that includes a little trimming and you might want UCA's.

Well I just picked Up my UCAs today. So that will go on next week along with my spindles then If I have to do any trimming I will since my C/Os ar cranked right now and I lowering them