Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

My new tacoma!

Old 06-16-2013, 12:13 AM   #1
benjammin5150 is on a distinguished road
Marines:
benjammin5150's Tacoma Gallery
My new tacoma!

First time tacoma owner. Picked it up a couple weeks ago for $8500 off CL. Its a 99 2.7l SR5 4X4 5speed. Been looking for one for a while and now Im stoked to be in your guys' taco club. One owner 112000 miles. He sold it because he just bought a brand new one. He did some custom work to the interior. He swapped the manual windows for electric and installed the switches where the double din of the factory stereo would be. Had the door panels and seats recently reupholstered in leather. He told me the seats were out of a TRD model. It also has an airlift system in the rear with onboard air. Installed the gauges, compressor switch and air relief in the dash above the glove box. Manual locking hubs. Also came with a matching canopy. So far Ive changed oil and spark plugs, flushed the coolant and power steering, installed KC backup lights and Herculined the bed.

No frame rust and no fluid leakage from underneath. Totally expected to see the rear main leaking but nope.

Whadaya think?
Attached Thumbnails
My new tacoma!-picture-067.jpg   My new tacoma!-picture-069.jpg   My new tacoma!-picture-065.jpg   My new tacoma!-picture-070.jpg   My new tacoma!-picture-068.jpg  

Old 06-16-2013, 04:14 AM   #2
DoyleMcpoyle is on a distinguished road

Name: Carlos
DoyleMcpoyle's Tacoma Gallery
Those look like Acura Rsx seats. And nice truck i remember seeing it on CL
Old 06-16-2013, 04:30 AM   #3
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SpeedoJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Nice. Good deal on a clean, lower mileage 1st gen, with some goodies to boot.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:53 AM   #4
tacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud of

tacomalimited's Tacoma Gallery
Very Nice! Sharp looking!
Old 06-16-2013, 06:20 AM   #5
blknblubkrdude is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
blknblubkrdude's Tacoma Gallery
That is a really nice truck! I have been pondering putting those seats in mine, I assume they are the non-heated ones...?
Any picture of the base? I would like to see how they were adapted.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:25 AM   #6
Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blknblubkrdude View Post
That is a really nice truck! I have been pondering putting those seats in mine, I assume they are the non-heated ones...?
Any picture of the base? I would like to see how they were adapted.
Non heated. Ill get some photos of that for you.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:06 PM   #7
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
I like that truck-the previous owner obviously gave a damn about it as for its age it looks well cared for. Those seats belong in that truck and they look pretty damn comfortable and I like the black offsets in there. Good find! Have fun with it!
Old 06-16-2013, 07:29 PM   #8
wolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud of

Name: Skyler
wolfgang123's Tacoma Gallery
LOVE that solid rear glass
Old 06-16-2013, 11:11 PM   #10
Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad7088 View Post
That's a great purchase! Good looking truck....what wheels are those?

They are diamos. Looked them up and they run about 150 each.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:12 PM   #11
Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
I like that truck-the previous owner obviously gave a damn about it as for its age it looks well cared for. Those seats belong in that truck and they look pretty damn comfortable and I like the black offsets in there. Good find! Have fun with it!
Thanks brother.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:58 AM   #12
JudoJohn is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
JudoJohn's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck!