Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Hi guys, noob here.

Old 06-16-2013, 05:30 PM   #1
NorthernVandal is on a distinguished road
Marines:
NorthernVandal's Tacoma Gallery
Hi guys, noob here.

New to me Tacoma, 02 double cab sr5, love this little thing. Just coming off my loud and obnoxious kick with a 24 valve dodge diesel and fell in love with this truck.

So she's pretty much stocker right now, performance and comfort wise. I do have a softopper canvas canopy on it but looking for tips on what I should be considering and where to locate group buys. I am an accessory geek so looking at remote starters, seat covers and performance things like intake and TBS things. Not sure where to start so I will hang out in here for a while and see how you fellas operate. Nice to find this spot.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:33 PM   #2
Thedarkight is on a distinguished road
Navy: Sub Vet
Thedarkight's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome

Welcome man. TW is a great place alot of good info an fun conversations going on. So whats your game plan for you taco?
Old 06-16-2013, 05:58 PM   #3
Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedarkight View Post
Welcome man. TW is a great place alot of good info an fun conversations going on. So whats your game plan for you taco?
Not really sure yet. Probably some lighting upgrades, seatcovers, stereo then performance, remote start, etc. Stereo sounds good but I have a double din really nice one just sitting in the garage, so I will install that then try to find some good lighting options.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:00 PM   #4
blake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blake
blake5995's Tacoma Gallery
i would like to recommend the HID projectors for your toyota. i was very skeptical at the start but since i do a ton of night driving i decided to do it and have done the same retro fit to my other 3 trucks
Old 06-16-2013, 06:14 PM   #5
Marines:
Thanks blake, I was always skeptical of trying a retrofit, I am not that good with cutting plastics. I had the Retro solutions HID kit I put in my dodge and I love them. Lighting is a HUGE thing for me. I did angle them down since I didn't have projectors. Do you recommend a projector kit that someone may sell? Mine were 55w HD 6000k and I loved the daylight they put out.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:20 PM   #6
Professional Web Wheeler
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Captain Jack Sparrow
m3bassman's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW. Im a Vandal as well in the area

you can try PIAA Extra white halogen bulbs if the HID projector route is too much. The light output is great.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:21 PM   #7
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
If you're willing to spend $$$ then look at Wet Okoles for seat covers.

Super comfy, very durable, beautiful looking (customizable) and you can even add heating elements to them.

Scroll down the forum index and you'll see a "group buys" forum under the "Shopping" category.

Scroll further down, to the bottom, and you'll see all the vendors on TW.

Welcome to TW.
Old 06-17-2013, 02:48 AM   #9
Marines:
Awesome links and ideas, thanks guys. Bassman, come to the Kootenai County Fairgrounds on the 29th for the Bikes, Brews and BBQs event, I am a local bbq competitor, will be organizing the event and cooking in it, look for my white Taco with the softtopper on the back at my pit.

Great people here. Thanks for the help.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:24 AM   #10
blake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blake
blake5995's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernVandal View Post
Thanks blake, I was always skeptical of trying a retrofit, I am not that good with cutting plastics. I had the Retro solutions HID kit I put in my dodge and I love them. Lighting is a HUGE thing for me. I did angle them down since I didn't have projectors. Do you recommend a projector kit that someone may sell? Mine were 55w HD 6000k and I loved the daylight they put out.
no cutting, hacking, or wiring needed. the company has group buys on here every couple months and there are tons of write ups for installing the lights.
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/
Old 06-17-2013, 06:47 AM   #11
Professional Web Wheeler
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Captain Jack Sparrow
m3bassman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernVandal View Post
Awesome links and ideas, thanks guys. Bassman, come to the Kootenai County Fairgrounds on the 29th for the Bikes, Brews and BBQs event, I am a local bbq competitor, will be organizing the event and cooking in it, look for my white Taco with the softtopper on the back at my pit.

Great people here. Thanks for the help.
We will see if im up that way then, if so maybe i will. I love me some good bbq. I just was up there for Car d'Alene too.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:34 AM   #13
Marines:
What is the deckplate mod?